Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

I'm really surprised how you can't figure what locomotive it is in the front but I'll give you the name of the loco anyway since you want more info buddy.:p "EMD SDP40-2"

How about some GP40-MCs ?

Pic taken by Mike K (steamboateng) at Bradford, MA depot.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://
KPWyjZH.jpg

Thanks to Wikipedia
http://
OTd0BdM.jpg

[/FONT]

Some high hood GE units would compliment the EMD power nicely
Normally wouldn't post something with shortlines, but this would definitely merit a look. The only two surviving GE high hood B23-7s and an low nose GE plus a ex SP GP35 (i think)
Justin actually did Southern & the Lhoist B23s around the time the BN GP50s were released about 4 years ago but they never got a cab and thus never saw a release. Someday...

How about some GP40-MCs ?
Those look pretty cool and I'm a sucker for flared radiators on 4-axles but it's unlikely anyone on the team will get to them anytime soon.

How bout' some F7s ... Like the ones you have removed from existence, all because people could not run them in the very latest trainz-build, TS19
Yes. Removed from existence. Anyone who downloaded the what, three variants? from our website that were only available for a measly 10 years or so have had them personally eradicated from their disk drives, too.

Maybe you could host them on your website and field support questions for them while you're at it?

I should just go ahead and delete my to-be-released new F and E units at this rate because we'll never hear the end of petty complaining like this from people like you.

If you want to download the damned things so badly just get <KUID:-25:973> from the DLS and put a new horn or whatever on it.

Yes. Removed from existence. Anyone who downloaded the what, three variants? from our website that were only available for a measly 10 years or so have had them personally eradicated from their disk drives, too.

Maybe you could host them on your website and field support questions for them while you're at it?

I should just go ahead and delete my to-be-released new F and E units at this rate because we'll never hear the end of petty complaining like this from people like you.

If you want to download the damned things so badly just get <KUID:-25:973> from the DLS and put a new horn or whatever on it.

Don't be so hard on yourself!

The problem is people see neither the hard work for creating the models, nor the fact that eventually it's time for the older stuff to be replaced with better. It's great that there are some 3rd party developers that relied on the early models, but they too should have planned for the obsolescence of the older models. Unlike physical models, nothing is constant in the computer world. I could site many examples of some great stuff I used in the past that I wish was still here today, but that's the way it is. If they want to use 10-year old models, then they should crank out the old train sets and play with those.

With that said,
I know for sure that I am looking forward to the release of these locomotives and others that will come along in the future. I did see your remark on the GP40-MCs. Yeah it was the flared radiators that struck me as being really neat as well. Someday, as they say, maybe someone at JR will make them.

I can see both sides of this f unit thing thats going on. Perhaps I can suggest a middle ground? As theres always this searching numerous sites for this, that, the other thing... kuid searches until you drop...
It sure would be great to have a one stop shop for everything Trainz. I bet that was the original idea behind the dls, but copyrighted content and other things have tossed a wrench in the works there.
So, if maybe Auran or someone with the ability to host a site, organize it, and offer downloads of old stuff and just whatever may be floating around the net it would be a great service to the community,
but also a daunting task. Im deffinately not that guy, I cant even make a session in Kickstarter work right... yet. OK, not at all and it p*sses me off... but...

I do wish I started messing with Trainz sooner though, I've bought these games for years ( like many others ) and never even installed them. Always too busy with work, kids, life... and other games.
I really like what Trainz is, I enjoy every second of it. So much so I've been on a quest to own a register-able copy of every release. The last 2 of my hunt should be delivered by Friday. And yes I plan to play each and every one.
Trainz 2004 and UTC were the hardest to find in new, unopened packaging but I found a guy in Thialand with both. So yeah, those old F units would fit the bill perfectly for me in the games they were ment for, I was
just really late to the party. Typical American trucker.... day late and a dollar short as we say :p

@TheRock, thanks for all the cool stuff you do put out. Payware and free, I have a mix of both and I love your work. You and the guys at JR are super talented. I'll be buying more as I can.

@Cascaderailroad, first I enjoy reading lots of your posts but in this instance they are running a bussiness. If they're constantly supporting old stuff they loose time to make new. It's
kind of like video card drivers, eventually AMD and Nvidia just stop writing new driver packs for said card. They wont offer any support either, so yeah sooner or later JR and every payware
author will have to cut ties with older verions of stuff. It was theirs given away freely if I've been following correctly, its kinda their choice when to pull the plug. It sucks for those who
would still like the items but when its free you really cant complain.

I really hope I didnt rub anyone the wrong way, I just wanted to offer the rambings of this old mans squirrel cage. Im new, Im clueless, and I usually have some pretty bad gas.... But
I like Trainz and the community here. Ya'll are pretty cool in my pop-up book anyday.

Clair

Editted once: Because I cant speel for crap

Last edited:
The old F-units are gone, that is final. It has been final since the decision was made, and no amount of bickering will change that. Any further discussion about them will be removed, period. I don't like blanket statements like this but it's been proven we can't be civil with our discussions here, so it stops.

The Baldwin Centipede-DR-12-8-1500/2 Although they were a mechanical nightmare for the PRR, always leaking coolant and oil ...

Brass model images to show many details
0715900104.jpg

07159001223.jpg

07159001222.jpg

Last edited:
If i might make a small suggestion and humbly ask that one of the KUIDs from the older F units be put up on the deps page, which was the Southern Check Codes. That has always seemed to be the weird one to find, but in the end up to you guys. Looking forward to the new units, and please don't let the assholes here deter you guys from keeping up with the current/planned projects/releases for whatever you guys have going.

f2a1b5dfca6582ca72096de0937e1bcb.jpg

GTW GP9s with torpedo tubes and the (ex-KCS?) commuter cars would be great. I'm working on upgrading the old Holly Sub route and backdating it to the 70s. I believe they ran as SEMTA after 1977.

As for F and E units...
200101051851512081.jpg

9zmyo7.jpg

amtk441-2.jpg

Back