Page 192 of 193 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193 LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 2885

Thread: Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

United States of America, Hamilton, Montana
    Blog Entries

I'm so excited to see the new F and E units...I'm definitely going to buy them...

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Therock View Post
    Yes. Removed from existence. Anyone who downloaded the what, three variants? from our website that were only available for a measly 10 years or so have had them personally eradicated from their disk drives, too.

Maybe you could host them on your website and field support questions for them while you're at it?

I should just go ahead and delete my to-be-released new F and E units at this rate because we'll never hear the end of petty complaining like this from people like you.

If you want to download the damned things so badly just get <KUID:-25:973> from the DLS and put a new horn or whatever on it.
    Don't be so hard on yourself!

The problem is people see neither the hard work for creating the models, nor the fact that eventually it's time for the older stuff to be replaced with better. It's great that there are some 3rd party developers that relied on the early models, but they too should have planned for the obsolescence of the older models. Unlike physical models, nothing is constant in the computer world. I could site many examples of some great stuff I used in the past that I wish was still here today, but that's the way it is. If they want to use 10-year old models, then they should crank out the old train sets and play with those.

With that said,
    I know for sure that I am looking forward to the release of these locomotives and others that will come along in the future. I did see your remark on the GP40-MCs. Yeah it was the flared radiators that struck me as being really neat as well. Someday, as they say, maybe someone at JR will make them.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

I can see both sides of this f unit thing thats going on. Perhaps I can suggest a middle ground? As theres always this searching numerous sites for this, that, the other thing... kuid searches until you drop...
    It sure would be great to have a one stop shop for everything Trainz. I bet that was the original idea behind the dls, but copyrighted content and other things have tossed a wrench in the works there.
    So, if maybe Auran or someone with the ability to host a site, organize it, and offer downloads of old stuff and just whatever may be floating around the net it would be a great service to the community,
    but also a daunting task. Im deffinately not that guy, I cant even make a session in Kickstarter work right... yet. OK, not at all and it p*sses me off... but...

I do wish I started messing with Trainz sooner though, I've bought these games for years ( like many others ) and never even installed them. Always too busy with work, kids, life... and other games.
    I really like what Trainz is, I enjoy every second of it. So much so I've been on a quest to own a register-able copy of every release. The last 2 of my hunt should be delivered by Friday. And yes I plan to play each and every one.
    Trainz 2004 and UTC were the hardest to find in new, unopened packaging but I found a guy in Thialand with both. So yeah, those old F units would fit the bill perfectly for me in the games they were ment for, I was
    just really late to the party. Typical American trucker.... day late and a dollar short as we say :P

@TheRock, thanks for all the cool stuff you do put out. Payware and free, I have a mix of both and I love your work. You and the guys at JR are super talented. I'll be buying more as I can.

@Cascaderailroad, first I enjoy reading lots of your posts but in this instance they are running a bussiness. If they're constantly supporting old stuff they loose time to make new. It's
    kind of like video card drivers, eventually AMD and Nvidia just stop writing new driver packs for said card. They wont offer any support either, so yeah sooner or later JR and every payware
    author will have to cut ties with older verions of stuff. It was theirs given away freely if I've been following correctly, its kinda their choice when to pull the plug. It sucks for those who
    would still like the items but when its free you really cant complain.

I really hope I didnt rub anyone the wrong way, I just wanted to offer the rambings of this old mans squirrel cage. Im new, Im clueless, and I usually have some pretty bad gas.... But
    I like Trainz and the community here. Ya'll are pretty cool in my pop-up book anyday.

Clair

Editted once: Because I cant speel for crap
    Last edited by headmonkeyboy; April 23rd, 2019 at 02:51 PM.
    An Equal Oppertunity Annoyer

Default BN GE B30-7AB

I would like to add this to the JR Engine Wishlist. Thank You.

Blog Entries

those are already on the site. Goes great with a GP50.

O.K. Thank You.

I’ll be honest I would like it if more Northern Pacific Locomotives could be added. GP9s come to mind here.

The old F-units are gone, that is final. It has been final since the decision was made, and no amount of bickering will change that. Any further discussion about them will be removed, period. I don't like blanket statements like this but it's been proven we can't be civil with our discussions here, so it stops.

Blog Entries

To change the subject, and re-rail this thread, I'd like to see a Santa Fe B23-7.

Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

The Baldwin Centipede-DR-12-8-1500/2 Although they were a mechanical nightmare for the PRR, always leaking coolant and oil ...

Brass model images to show many details

Last edited by cascaderailroad; April 29th, 2019 at 08:44 PM.

United States of America, Pittsburgh Pistolvania
    Blog Entries

If i might make a small suggestion and humbly ask that one of the KUIDs from the older F units be put up on the deps page, which was the Southern Check Codes. That has always seemed to be the weird one to find, but in the end up to you guys. Looking forward to the new units, and please don't let the assholes here deter you guys from keeping up with the current/planned projects/releases for whatever you guys have going.
    Content appreciator, railfan and freelance photographer.
    Formerly known as haddock56 & haddock57,
    now known as BNSF9812.

Quote Originally Posted by epa View Post
    To change the subject, and re-rail this thread, I'd like to see a Santa Fe B23-7.

Matt
    These is splendid for suggestion is bcrail unit after santafe merger
    Mcio34 a railroad especially preferred bc rail

GTW GP9s with torpedo tubes and the (ex-KCS?) commuter cars would be great. I'm working on upgrading the old Holly Sub route and backdating it to the 70s. I believe they ran as SEMTA after 1977.

As for F and E units...