Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

Burlington Northern Merger

March 2nd, 2020 will be the 50 years anniversary of the Burlington Northern merger. At the time it was a rather big deal in the world of railroads.

For those of you too young to know and those of us so old we have forgotten: The BN was formed on March 2nd, 1970 with the merger of the Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Spokane Portland & Seattle, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Colorado & Southern and the Fort Worth & Denver. The GN and NP were parent companies to the SP&S. The C&S and FW&D were subsidiaries of the CB&Q. (I have seen some information that the FW&D did not join the merger until 1982)?

Just a thought I would like to pass along with a big please: The creation of a Burlington Northern 50th Anniversary pack for release in 2020. For example: BN GP-9's with clean fresh paint (and dynamic brakes), CB&Q, GN and NP patched GP-9's. The CB&Q, GN and NP all had SD-45's and Baldwin VO-1000's. The GN and CB&Q had GP-35's.

New wood chip cars built by Gunderson and Thrall and owned by GN and NP. Other rolling stock such as 1950's era 50' box cars and log cars.

Thank you.

Regards,

March 2nd, 2020 will be the 50 years anniversary of the Burlington Northern merger. At the time it was a rather big deal in the world of railroads.

For those of you too young to know and those of us so old we have forgotten: The BN was formed on March 2nd, 1970 with the merger of the Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Spokane Portland & Seattle, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Colorado & Southern and the Fort Worth & Denver. The GN and NP were parent companies to the SP&S. The C&S and FW&D were subsidiaries of the CB&Q. (I have seen some information that the FW&D did not join the merger until 1982)?

Just a thought I would like to pass along with a big please: The creation of a Burlington Northern 50th Anniversary pack for release in 2020. For example: BN GP-9's with clean fresh paint (and dynamic brakes), CB&Q, GN and NP patched GP-9's. The CB&Q, GN and NP all had SD-45's and Baldwin VO-1000's. The GN and CB&Q had GP-35's.

New wood chip cars built by Gunderson and Thrall and owned by GN and NP. Other rolling stock such as 1950's era 50' box cars and log cars.

Thank you.

Regards,

The FRISCO joined in 1980 I believe as well a decade later...

It's sad seeing how much of the smaller companies were abandoned such as the FW&D and good chunks of the SP&S and FRISCO.

this is the other side of the building you liked . Seaford , De

photo-3-11.jpg

DSC_4486%252C%2BSE-1%252CBridgeville%252C%2BDE%252C%2B8-3-2017.jpg

35590502254_94939f2d95_b.jpg

Matt

Back