Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

Amtrak's ALC-42 locomotives have finally been put together at the siemens mobility shops. Now that the base model for the locomotive has been finished, I think we know what Jointed Rail needs to do soon now that the P42's will be getting retired in the coming years :hehe::p
156806260_3738657256213535_3367847581752252618_n.jpg

156921132_3738657319546862_3089829048615453351_o.jpg

(not my photos)

Amtrak's ALC-42 locomotives have finally been put together at the siemens mobility shops. Now that the base model for the locomotive has been finished, I think we know what Jointed Rail needs to do soon now that the P42's will be getting retired in the coming years :hehe::p
156806260_3738657256213535_3367847581752252618_n.jpg

156921132_3738657319546862_3089829048615453351_o.jpg

(not my photos)

What Charger is that in the background that's yellow?

How about some more f40s. the reskins on the DLS tend to look a little crude sometimes, and occassionally have no detail in the texture files. Perhaps some f40s for Metra, Metrolink, Tri-Rail, and (of all roads) CSX

How about some E units? Not too many good quality E units are available, and most if not 95% are using age-old meshes with the standard Auran EMD engine and the base horn or a horn you can't hold down. Come on! You can't have a legendary locomotive with textures that are like watching a YouTube video in 144p with horns and engine sounds that are as old as the game iteself!
1200px-Southern_Pacific_Shasta_Daylight_circa_1949.JPG

Last edited:
Gotta agree with DARTRider on the need for E units. Lots of F units out there, but you pretty much have to run passenger consists with freight locos.

Hello need a southern pacific sd40-2.

Agreed. There is a missing void in JR's Southern Pacific category, the SD40-2.

Gotta agree with DARTRider on the need for E units. Lots of F units out there, but you pretty much have to run passenger consists with freight locos.

Yes, most E units on the DLS are low quality and in need of a major re-do. If we could get an SP Daylight E8A or Rock Island E8A with amazing texture quality, that'd be amazing.

Last edited:
Agreed. There is a missing void in JR's Southern Pacific category, the SD40-2.

Yes, most E units on the DLS are low quality and in need of a major re-do. If we could get an SP Daylight E8A or Rock Island E8A with amazing texture quality, that'd be amazing.

A couple of other missing voids are as follows:

Not having any undec versions of their locomotives and rolling stock available as freeware or payware, &

Not getting rid of their "we'll sue you if you reskin our freeware" policy.

Last edited:
A couple of other missing voids are as follows:

Not having any undec versions of their locomotives and rolling stock available as freeware or payware, &

Not getting rid of their "we'll sue you if you reskin our freeware" policy.

Yeah, some undecorated ones would be cool, especially the SDP45 textures. Though I wouldn't think they'd sue you if you were to reskin for personal use, they'd probably get mad if you put it up elsewhere.

Yeah, some undecorated ones would be cool, especially the SDP45 textures. Though I wouldn't think they'd sue you if you were to reskin for personal use, they'd probably get mad if you put it up elsewhere.

Well I wouldn't do the reskin for profit. I would only have it available on the DLS, plus I would also put them as chief credit in the Config File for being the original authors and all I did was the reskinning. Unless JR makes numbers of these locos available in undec versions for us to use, it'll make things a whole lot easier for reskinners. I can't find them anywhere else.

Last edited:
Back