Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

1152.1419055548.jpg

9389.1511705346.jpg

On the topic of rebuilds…

ATSF in-house rebuilds would be kinda nice, like a GP7u.]

This! (Topeka cab though)
I'm also going to say a SD75M. SRS version is faulty in TANE and TRS19, works just fine in TRS2009/2010 however.
Any ATSF post 1985 rebuilds. A lot got reclassed and and thing like headlights were moved too the nose, Horns were moved back, ditchlights added in the 90s... I can literally keep going.
Amtrak P40 with the faded stripes and strobes above the windshield.
The late 80s and 90s is not well represented in most scales and even in the virtual side.

The late 80s and 90s is not well represented in most scales and even in the virtual side.

Totally agree with this. I'd love some 90s BN stuff. White face units especially. The GP50s only ran with tiger stripes for about a year, so really limits to when you can use them.

And I'd also love some later ATSF units too, and 90s leasers.

Alco.. Alco.. and more Alco... Namely Centuries. C424, C425, C420, C430, C630. Preferably eastern roads of the 60s-70s... PRR, RDG, LV, PC,.. etc

Slugs, B-units....

GP38AC's. ESPECIALLY the N&W's "Skunks":

That's a scheme I've never seen before, pretty classy! Looks reminiscent of the SOU "Tuxedo" scheme.

DHxx, PAxx, RSxx and RSDxx models, too!

All of these would be great additions to the JR roster. I'm going to also amend this post with the H24-66! FM is very underrepresented in the simulator community, and the H24-66 just makes sense if we're suggesting SP Alcos and early GEs.

6790020750_d6d2a4bc02_b.jpg

That's a scheme I've never seen before, pretty classy! Looks reminiscent of the SOU "Tuxedo" scheme.

All of these would be great additions to the JR roster. I'm going to also amend this post with the H24-66! FM is very underrepresented in the simulator community, and the H24-66 just makes sense if we're suggesting SP Alcos and early GEs.
Don't forget these:

708a53d46c1e68e1c09d9047bbd8edeb.jpg
dqzea4klraq51.jpg
images

I think out of all the SP models listed, the U25B, RS11, and PA would probably the most marketability for JR. The U25B model already exists for them. It would just be a matter of adding the SP specific details and paint. I would even love to see 6800 (one of SP's bicentennials) painted up. JR's former Alco RS27 could be the basis model for an RS11. The PA would more than likely be a "build from scratch" model. Besides, Trainz Forge already has RS11's and PA's available on their website as freeware, No sense reinventing a model that already exists.

Personally, I think getting the U-Boat series produced would be a better model selection for JR. I thought someone from the JR team had been working on a SP U30C, but I could be wrong. There's enough U-Boat fodder between models and paint schemes to keep JR turning out "Das Boats" for a decade.

Please can we have a BN SD38-P to go with the excellent TEBC-6 which is pretty useless without it. Seems a shame it was overlooked as the TEBC is such an excellent model.

Please can we have a BN SD38-P to go with the excellent TEBC-6 which is pretty useless without it. Seems a shame it was overlooked as the TEBC is such an excellent model.

It shouldn't be too hard, since the base is an SD35. Here's a reference image for anyone wondering:
bn6268.jpg

There were 4 units converted from SD38-2s too, which there is also a base model for.

Please JR, it been ages since any 1990s BN stuff has been released.(I've been waiting for 3 years for those updated C30-7s to be released! lol)

Back