Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

Maybe make these available again? It would make a lot of people happy.
4FOXJnQ.jpg

While I'm more partial to western roads, even i would run those two E7's. Hoping for an updated E-series diesel, and hopefully an E8/9A and E8/9B in SP 'Daylight' and other fallen flag schemes.

JR - are you guys going to restart the custom skins/paint schemes service again in the future? Or is that on permanent/long term hold? Thanks!

Does the number have any significance, or is it just a random GP38-2 that they picked?

Also, I wonder if NS would repaint a locomotive in a new scheme if they seriously planned/considered merging with CP.

since CP is an awesome railroad, they seriously wouldn't break NS, in fact, I think they might keep the heritage units. But I know the painting process of the engines is going to be slow, they still have large multimarks!!!

That photo of NS 4000 can't be found anywhere on any of Norfolk Southern's websites or facebook. Looks like a photoshop. The NS AC44C6M's are currently in primer paint as of Late October, early November...

That, and i'm pretty sure NS wouldn't paint a locomotive they converted from a DC powered C40-9W to an AC powered AC44 clone in some sort of commemorative scheme...

NS8799dw1.jpg

since CP is an awesome railroad, they seriously wouldn't break NS, in fact, I think they might keep the heritage units. But I know the painting process of the engines is going to be slow, they still have large multimarks!!!

Also, CP isn't merging with NS, Norfolk Southern has made it very clear that they don't want to be taken over...

http://www.railwayage.com/index.php...gative-impacts-of-potential-cp-ns-merger.html

Last edited:
It's a nice looking scheme, whether it exists or not. I'd love to see it in Trainz. I'd pay for it if JR did it. Bring it on! I don't get agita from fictionals or if the rivet counts are off.

I actually thought it was a D&H heritage unit to commemorate the purchase of the D&H line in northern PA. Anyway, this is from post 2113 and linked website: Unit 4000 unveiled December 15, 2015, painted in special blue, gray, gold, and black scheme
to highlight the rebuilding of the unit from DC to AC traction.

That photo of NS 4000 can't be found anywhere on any of Norfolk Southern's websites or facebook. Looks like a photoshop. The NS AC44C6M's are currently in primer paint as of Late October, early November...

That, and i'm pretty sure NS wouldn't paint a locomotive they converted from a DC powered C40-9W to an AC powered AC44 clone in some sort of commemorative scheme...
It was on NS facebook page last night.

No, it's a real thing:

920844_10153411507319315_4212573661133117705_o.jpg

Rumor has it CP had a fit over the colors because they're really close to the D&H scheme. NS removed all photos on their page and then returned it to the paint booth. Would definitely like to see it though.

Last edited:
Back