Engines Wishlist for Jointed Rail.

Back in 2013, before the current generation EMD models:

2971cae878ba02e3884d2d742288c2e6.png
Is this model available anywhere anymore?

That looks awesome Simtrain! What was the reason for the extended cab on the prototypes?

cheers, ns2616

They had a large control stand in the center of the cab that allowed operation from both sides, so they could more easily be run in either direction. The extended cab front was needed to allow room to walk around it.

Is this model available anywhere anymore?

It was never available, I only got as far as the render.

Be nice if jointedrail did more paint schemes on their SD45 model.

One day there will be a current-generation SD45, and I'd expect some cool stuff to come of that.

Oh. I see. I hope someone considers redoing it.

The reason I never continued was a lack of specific info on the control stand. We've found some since.

I discovered recently that the radiator fans on the RDG units weren't standard height. There was always something wonky-looking about those units to me, and that was it. The old model doesn't show that.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to create the Southern GE Units? Like the U33C, U30C, B32-7, Etc. Etc.

There's literally nowhere to find them at all on trainz and we greatly need some high hood GEs. They're a lesser known unit from Southern but they're really nice looking.

Not an engine, but... I’d love to see a NS/NW/SOU 3-bay grain car pack. There is a severe lack of classic rib-side grain cars from the NS family out there.

Hi,

I love the older stuff like the GP9, 18 and so on.

How about
NW Blue GP18
CR/PC/Reading C636 with Alco cab
PC/CR GP20
CR/PRR/PC GP9B
CR GP9 low nose
CR/PC/Amtrak F7 F7B
C628

That's all I want for Christmas this year

Last edited:
Back