No New Train Content on DLS

clivegroberts

I can't find anything on the current forums but is anyone having the same problem sa I? There are no new train content as from the 13th of September. I have TRs12 with a current first class ticket. I also have 2010 & 2009 on another PC and they show the same problem. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Clive

It is a temporary fix, but some users have reported that an EDR just makes things worse, in one case causing the DLS listings on Content Manager to go back to some time in August.

Downloads started again on the 23rd and suddenly the 15th turned up.I can only assume that there were none from the 12th. Is that right?
baz

It is a temporary fix, but some users have reported that an EDR just makes things worse, in one case causing the DLS listings on Content Manager to go back to some time in August.

After three EDRs, and then two days of having the PC off, and then another EDR, and now I'm back to September 15th on my laptop.

Downloads started again on the 23rd and suddenly the 15th turned up.I can only assume that there were none from the 12th. Is that right?
baz

No there were downloads for the 12th currently here they can be found under location = unknown. Most of us have days missing it varies from person to person and version to version of Trainz and it seems to randomly change. Think we will have to wait this one out, expect they are somewhat busy sorting out the new shop problems.

Sorry to bump this thread but I have been away for a while. CMP 3.3 and 3.6 show no new content since the 12th September. Is this a general problem? Is there a fix? Or is it only me with this problem?

Steve

Sorry to bump this thread but I have been away for a while. CMP 3.3 and 3.6 show no new content since the 12th September. Is this a general problem? Is there a fix? Or is it only me with this problem?

Steve

Was a problem but has supposedly been fixed, try using the refresh in Content Manager, if that doesn't work you may need to run an EDR to get it up to date, any missing days will then probably have the wrong dates, an effect of running an EDR but should be there somewhere!

Last edited:
Sort of a random general problem near as I can tell. Some people say my uploads for September are in their content manager lists, I tried deleting userdata\cache, clearing out all my internet temp files and cookies, rebooting the system and clicking my heels together 3 times while singing "Iko-Iko", still can't get the files I uploaded on the 24th and 25th to appear in CM 3.6. If there's a simple dummies guide to forcing CM to LOOK AT THE DOWNLOAD STATION! NEVERMIND WHAT YOU HAVE CACHED, LOOK AT THE DOWNLOAD STATION! it's nowhere I can find it. From all the suggestions I've heard CM apparently scatters Hansel & Gretel breadcrumbs all over the system, maybe we need to download some birds to eat the trail?

EDR is a last resort for me, since it corrupts the game beyond repair more often than it works, and repairing the database really shouldn't be necessary to get the blasted thing to just LOOK AT THE DOWNLOAD STATION! how hard is that to program?

Steve

This was a problem for me too, but I just did another check back to Sept 12 (in CM 3.3) today and saw new assets listed on almost every day. Sept 14 was one day with nothing new listed.

Thank you for the replies to my bump. I was going to to an EDR but I read the thread after being jet-lagged and I assumed that there were major problems when I saw comments like "Known issue currently waiting for N3V to solve it." and "It is a temporary fix, but some users have reported that an EDR just makes things worse, in one case causing the DLS listings on Content Manager to go back to some time in August." I panicked hence my bump of the thread. If had had been a bit more rational I would have followed my instinct and just done an EDR before posting. In the end I did an EDR on both CM3.3 and 3.6 and I can now see all down loaded content and everything seems to appear to be back to normal.
Steve

The problems with doing an EDR I think were caused because the DLS hadn't been fixed at that point, so effectively the EDR was making things worse. Although now I do have a couple of days missing in TS12 checking against another install of Trainz where they are present, the missing items are on the first copy under a different date mostly a day earlier or later.

Back