Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim. Central download issues

Blog Entries

I will personally contact N3V about that, as I feel that is going to cause problems.

They do not have a time limit, but do have a amount limit.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

I just checked the time in Brisbane and it is 1:38 AM Sept 28th.

The Simulator Central site still shows all the sale items, and TS12 for $ 12.48.

Has the sale been extended beyond Sept 27th ? Wheeeeeee !
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't know on that one - be prepared for the full price though.

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

United States of America, Floatin' Along the Delaware River
    Blog Entries

Just bought a few more things, including Ocemy's Schnabels at the sale price. I'm a sale junkie and couldn't resist.
    Eat More Popsicles.

I pressed download the Blue Comet that I bought.

It previously said: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 10

The Blue Comet Installer file saved to My PC Downloads folder. It is not a RAR nor a CDP

Now it says: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 9

Does that mean that there are 9 more additional blue comet files that I must download in order to complete the Blue Comet ? And should I press "download" 9 more files from that Blue Commet download button. And will one of them be the actual CDP ? Of if I press the download button 9 more times, does my download capability expire for the Blue Comet?

Sorry for me being such a dunce
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I pressed download the Blue Comet that I bought.

It said: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 10
    The Blue Comet Installer saved to My PC Downloads folder

Now it says: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 9

Does that mean that there are 9 more additional blue comet files that I must download in order to complete the Blue Comet, and should I press download 9 more files from that Blue Commet download button. And will one of them be the actual CDP ? Of if I press the download button 9 more times, does my download capability expire for the Blue Comet?

Sorry for me being such a dunce

I think that means you have 9 attempts to download the installer. I just bought the Dutchess Steam Loco at the sale price.
    Last edited by Robert2d6; September 27th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

Thats what I thought. I have 9 more attempts to download, then the download goes into cyberspace.

The Blue Comet Installer (which is a "File"), will not open in the TS10 CM

How do you install the Blue Comet Installer ?

What opens the file ?
    ==================

Simulator Central support help page advises:
    How do I install the files that have been downloaded ? Most files are installed by double clicking on the Setup.exe. If your files do not have an extension, it is possible your download manager renamed the files. You can try adding the .exe extension to the setup file or re-download using your browser to manage the download.

=================
    Does that mean that I simply change the BlueComet Installer file name to: BlueComet Installer.exe ?

==============

EDIT:
    Renaming the file by adding on the tag: .exe seams to be working
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

Thats what I thought.

What opens the file ?
    That should be an execute file. Just rename the file Bluecometinstaller, ( or however it is written) . exe . Some browsers change the file type and don't put the .exe on the end, and windows doesn't know what to do with it then. As soon as you rename it to an .exe file and click on it, it will start. You then have to put in the serial number that they emailed you, when asked by the installer. If I am remeber correctly, the installer takes awhile, before it completes the install, so don't panic if it looks like it is not working. That bar that moves across, doesn't move at all at first.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Thats what I thought. I have 9 more attempts to download, then the download goes into cyberspace.

What opens the file ?
    ==================

Simulator Central says:
    How do I install the files that have been downloaded ? Most files are installed by double clicking on the Setup.exe. If your files do not have an extension, it is possible your download manager renamed the files. You can try adding the .exe extension to the setup file or re-download using your browser to manage the download.

=================
    Does that mean that I simply change the BlueComet Installer file name to: BlueComet Installer.exe ?
    Isn't this an EXE file that needs to be installed?

If this is a setup file with an EXE, you need to double-click on this and the files will be automatically extracted and added to Trainz. You will also need to type in your serial number for the package in order to make the content active. Check your downloads folder if you are using Windows 7 for your downloaded content.

John
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

It is working: by renaming the BlueComet Installer file name, and adding on the .exe tag.

Now to test it in TS10 program/surveyor

I hope my own dunderkopfness has helped others with problems downloading

It is working: by renaming the BlueComet Installer file name, and adding on the .exe tag.

Now to test it in TS10 program/surveyor

I hope my own dunderkopfness has helped others with problems downloading
    Awesome! Have fun it's a great package. I run the loco and some coaches as a railfan special on my route.

John
    John

The only thing I wish they would do is give you a list of names to look for in the Railyard for the add on you just bought. I remember needing help finding the Blue Comet stuff which I think was named CNJ, and I just downloaded the Dutchess add on, which has a couple of locos which I found but a bunch of additional rolling stock, which I have no idea where to look for it, since I don't know what it is called. There is so much stuff in the Railyard, it is hard to tell what is default content and what is add on's that I purchased.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert2d6 View Post
    The only thing I wish they would do is give you a list of names to look for in the Railyard for the add on you just bought. I remember needing help finding the Blue Comet stuff which I think was named CNJ, and I just downloaded the Dutchess add on, which has a couple of locos which I found but a bunch of additional rolling stock, which I have no idea where to look for it, since I don't know what it is called. There is so much stuff in the Railyard, it is hard to tell what is default content and what is add on's that I purchased.
    This is why I use content manager to find my content. I almost never go into Railyard anymore. Personally I feel that this module needs a complete rebuild. If anything it would be a nice place to view the consists we've put together in Surveyor, or perhaps use this as a way to manage consists instead of building them in Surveyor.

John
    John

Does the Blue Comet come built into TS10 ?

It seems that I have 5, or more of (3 Blue, 2 Black) them in various numbers, (which are renumbered automaticly with ARN).

Did I buy something that was built in to the original game ? Ahhh Haaa Haaa ! Haaa Haaa Haaa ! on me !

I am so confused, I think I need sleep ! My mom says: "All trains look alike, you seen one, you seen them all". Right now my mind is a blur of Trainz !
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 10:27 PM.

I really can't understand when you buy, and pay money for payware, why it is broken and needs manual fixing to get it to work.

I am getting a Thread Exception Null Reference in the Aerotrain GS

I installed the Aerotrain and it shows up in Railyard, but will not show up in surveyor.

I had TS10 build 44088 and updated to SP3 49933

What do I have to do to get the Aerorain to show up in surveyor ?

I see no errors in CM nor missing dependncies
    ==================================
    EDIT: I opened the 1 of the 6 Aerotrains for edit in CCP, saved, rewrote the config file, and reverted, and they show up now ... still the other 5 do not show up, nor any of the Aerotrain cars
    Last edited by BD1; September 28th, 2012 at 02:19 AM.