Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim. Central download issues

Default Sim. Central download issues

Hi,
    I downloaded the classic carbon city digital download for my ts12: railway sim. once I downloaded it, a message came up and said 'Classic Carbon City could not be verified' and I cant open it. Please help me

Blog Entries

Hi Stratforduk6,

Welcome to the forums.

The likely reason for the error is that the file may have become corrupted during download. Try downloading it using a download manager, or Google Chrome. (Firefox may also be able to do it as well)

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

It downloads ok but its downloaded as a 'file' which my computer doesnt know what to open it with

Blog Entries

Have a read of my latest blog entry on the Blogs page.

Shane
    Shane Turner

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

United States of America, CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES

Quote Originally Posted by stratforduk6 View Post
    It downloads ok but its downloaded as a 'file' which my computer doesnt know what to open it with
    Maybe it's an .exe file, my S&C addon came that way. Just rename it to file.exe.

Mick Berg.

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Just rename it and put .exe after the file name , save it and click on it. You then have to put the serial number in the install program, that they emailed you.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

Is it the serial number with the main game or carbon city?

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Is it the serial number with the main game or carbon city?
    You should get a confirmation email with a new serial number for Carbon City. I made the mistake yesterday of putting the TS12 serial number in the Blue Comet installer, and it acted like it accepted it, but never installed anything. About 1/2 hour later I looked at my email in box and there was the confirmation email with the new serial number.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

Is there any way of getting the email sent again?

Blog Entries

If it has not come already, contact Helpdesk.

Shane
    Shane Turner

Is there any way of getting the email sent again?
    If you haven't had an email it's not the end of the world, as with the old site all the info you need should be on the new one. There is a known issue with the email server, it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you receive emails from N3V or they go missing, doesn't seem like N3V have fixed it yet if it is something they can.

Recent orders will be displayed, click view order, serial number should be there.
    Alternatively.
    On the Left click My Orders, click the relevant order, serial number should be there.
    Downloads are again on the left, My Downloadable Products.
    If for some reason there is nothing there when clicking the links but your orders show completed then raise a ticket.

Links on the left are an orange red colour, I'm beginning to wonder if some can't see them, due to perhaps changing default web page colours with a browser add-on? Or perhaps a browser incompatibility problem with the website or some browser or paranoia add-on setting to do with security as one or two are saying there are no such links.
    There definitely were when I checked, even if you haven't ordered anything. I checked the site out thoroughly before ordering to make sure it was similar to the old site and had links to records of your purchases. The links are still visible to me.
    Last edited by clam1952; September 23rd, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Malc

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

You may have a message waiting for you in your PlanetAuran inbox. They've made mention of switching entirely to their own internal message system.
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    Hi Stratforduk6,

Welcome to the forums.

The likely reason for the error is that the file may have become corrupted during download. Try downloading it using a download manager, or Google Chrome. (Firefox may also be able to do it as well)

Shane
    I do not have TS10 installed on my PC, I have to re-install my TS10 disc.

Do I have to have my TS10 installed on my PC in order to download my assets that I ordered from Simulator Central ?
    ================================================== =========================================

N3V strongly reccomends against using a Download Manager.

I have IE8, and have Google as a browser.

Should I be downloading by using Firefox, or Google Chrome (Download Managers: that N3V strongly does not reccomend using to download) ?
    ================================================== ================================================== =======

I didn't buy TS12, so the files I purchased should be smaller and take less time to download, as they are Packs of locos.
    ================================================== =======================================

I believe that all the downloads will go to my PC Downloads folder ?
    Or are they installed in my TS10 folder or TS10 Content Manager ?
    =================================================

I am lead to believe that the downloads may be a RAR which needs to be opened, and the CDP's are inside of the RAR file ?
    ================================================== =========================================

How can I save the downloads, for safekeeping, externally from my present PC, and externally from my TS10 installation ?

Can I just save them as I usually do, as a CDP, and store them on a type of media (external hard drive, DVD, memory stick, etc) ?
    ================================================== ===================================

I have downloaded freeware RAR and CDP files from many 3rd party sites, and have never had any problem downloading using IE8, and regular old Google.
    Should I expect this downloading from Simulator Central to be equally as painless and easy to do, using IE8 ?
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Blog Entries

In order:

To download the files, you shouldn't actually need Trainz installed. To install them though, you will need one of the supported versions installed (which versions are supported depends on the addon)

If N3V no longer recommend using a download manager, that's news to me, as they previously advised using one (and in fact named Free Download Manager as their recommendation)

The packs are the same size regardless of version. The download files will go into your downloads folder as setup files.

It should be a .rar file, but some users have had some luck by renaming it to an .exe file.

To backup the files, copy the installation file(s) to an external medium (like you've suggested)

Shane
    Shane Turner

Thank You

I am tired, and will try downloading tonight ... do the downloads expire if left un-downloaded ?

(snip~ Simulator Central: "Please Note: We advise against the use of download managers to download your product files".)