Sim. Central download issues

I pressed download the Blue Comet that I bought.

It said: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 10
The Blue Comet Installer saved to My PC Downloads folder

Now it says: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 9

Does that mean that there are 9 more additional blue comet files that I must download in order to complete the Blue Comet, and should I press download 9 more files from that Blue Commet download button. And will one of them be the actual CDP ? Of if I press the download button 9 more times, does my download capability expire for the Blue Comet?

Sorry for me being such a dunce

I think that means you have 9 attempts to download the installer. I just bought the Dutchess Steam Loco at the sale price.

Last edited:
Thats what I thought.

The Blue Comet Installer (which is a "File"), will not open in the TS10 CM

How do you install the Blue Comet Installer ?

What opens the file ?

That should be an execute file. Just rename the file Bluecometinstaller, ( or however it is written) . exe . Some browsers change the file type and don't put the .exe on the end, and windows doesn't know what to do with it then. As soon as you rename it to an .exe file and click on it, it will start. You then have to put in the serial number that they emailed you, when asked by the installer. If I am remeber correctly, the installer takes awhile, before it completes the install, so don't panic if it looks like it is not working. That bar that moves across, doesn't move at all at first.

Thats what I thought. I have 9 more attempts to download, then the download goes into cyberspace.

The Blue Comet Installer (which is a "File"), will not open in the TS10 CM

How do you install the Blue Comet Installer ?

What opens the file ?
==================

Simulator Central says:
How do I install the files that have been downloaded ? Most files are installed by double clicking on the Setup.exe. If your files do not have an extension, it is possible your download manager renamed the files. You can try adding the .exe extension to the setup file or re-download using your browser to manage the download.

=================
Does that mean that I simply change the BlueComet Installer file name to: BlueComet Installer.exe ?

Isn't this an EXE file that needs to be installed?

If this is a setup file with an EXE, you need to double-click on this and the files will be automatically extracted and added to Trainz. You will also need to type in your serial number for the package in order to make the content active. Check your downloads folder if you are using Windows 7 for your downloaded content.

John

It is working: by renaming the BlueComet Installer file name, and adding on the .exe tag.

Now to test it in TS10 program/surveyor

I hope my own dunderkopfness has helped others with problems downloading

Awesome! Have fun it's a great package. I run the loco and some coaches as a railfan special on my route.

John

The only thing I wish they would do is give you a list of names to look for in the Railyard for the add on you just bought. I remember needing help finding the Blue Comet stuff which I think was named CNJ, and I just downloaded the Dutchess add on, which has a couple of locos which I found but a bunch of additional rolling stock, which I have no idea where to look for it, since I don't know what it is called. There is so much stuff in the Railyard, it is hard to tell what is default content and what is add on's that I purchased.

The only thing I wish they would do is give you a list of names to look for in the Railyard for the add on you just bought. I remember needing help finding the Blue Comet stuff which I think was named CNJ, and I just downloaded the Dutchess add on, which has a couple of locos which I found but a bunch of additional rolling stock, which I have no idea where to look for it, since I don't know what it is called. There is so much stuff in the Railyard, it is hard to tell what is default content and what is add on's that I purchased.

This is why I use content manager to find my content. I almost never go into Railyard anymore. Personally I feel that this module needs a complete rebuild. If anything it would be a nice place to view the consists we've put together in Surveyor, or perhaps use this as a way to manage consists instead of building them in Surveyor.

John

That is concerning. Have you contacted the Helpdesk about it? While you're at it, see what is going on with your serial number(s) as nothing is showing next to your username.

Shane

Back