Sim. Central download issues

stratforduk6

Hi,
I downloaded the classic carbon city digital download for my ts12: railway sim. once I downloaded it, a message came up and said 'Classic Carbon City could not be verified' and I cant open it. Please help me

Hi Stratforduk6,

Welcome to the forums.

The likely reason for the error is that the file may have become corrupted during download. Try downloading it using a download manager, or Google Chrome. (Firefox may also be able to do it as well)

Shane

Just rename it and put .exe after the file name , save it and click on it. You then have to put the serial number in the install program, that they emailed you.

Is it the serial number with the main game or carbon city?
You should get a confirmation email with a new serial number for Carbon City. I made the mistake yesterday of putting the TS12 serial number in the Blue Comet installer, and it acted like it accepted it, but never installed anything. About 1/2 hour later I looked at my email in box and there was the confirmation email with the new serial number.

Is there any way of getting the email sent again?

If you haven't had an email it's not the end of the world, as with the old site all the info you need should be on the new one. There is a known issue with the email server, it's a bit hit and miss as to whether you receive emails from N3V or they go missing, doesn't seem like N3V have fixed it yet if it is something they can.

Recent orders will be displayed, click view order, serial number should be there.
Alternatively.
On the Left click My Orders, click the relevant order, serial number should be there.
Downloads are again on the left, My Downloadable Products.
If for some reason there is nothing there when clicking the links but your orders show completed then raise a ticket.

Links on the left are an orange red colour, I'm beginning to wonder if some can't see them, due to perhaps changing default web page colours with a browser add-on? Or perhaps a browser incompatibility problem with the website or some browser or paranoia add-on setting to do with security as one or two are saying there are no such links.
There definitely were when I checked, even if you haven't ordered anything. I checked the site out thoroughly before ordering to make sure it was similar to the old site and had links to records of your purchases. The links are still visible to me.

Last edited:
You may have a message waiting for you in your PlanetAuran inbox. They've made mention of switching entirely to their own internal message system.

In order:

To download the files, you shouldn't actually need Trainz installed. To install them though, you will need one of the supported versions installed (which versions are supported depends on the addon)

If N3V no longer recommend using a download manager, that's news to me, as they previously advised using one (and in fact named Free Download Manager as their recommendation)

The packs are the same size regardless of version. The download files will go into your downloads folder as setup files.

It should be a .rar file, but some users have had some luck by renaming it to an .exe file.

To backup the files, copy the installation file(s) to an external medium (like you've suggested)

Shane

I will personally contact N3V about that, as I feel that is going to cause problems.

They do not have a time limit, but do have a amount limit.

Shane

Just bought a few more things, including Ocemy's Schnabels at the sale price. I'm a sale junkie and couldn't resist. ;)

Back