Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim. Central download issues

Hybrid View

Default Sim. Central download issues

Hi,
    I downloaded the classic carbon city digital download for my ts12: railway sim. once I downloaded it, a message came up and said 'Classic Carbon City could not be verified' and I cant open it. Please help me

Blog Entries

Hi Stratforduk6,

Welcome to the forums.

The likely reason for the error is that the file may have become corrupted during download. Try downloading it using a download manager, or Google Chrome. (Firefox may also be able to do it as well)

Shane
    Shane Turner
    Technical and DirectX Advisor - Not affiliated with N3V

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

It downloads ok but its downloaded as a 'file' which my computer doesnt know what to open it with

Blog Entries

Have a read of my latest blog entry on the Blogs page.

Shane
    Shane Turner

My Forum -- PevSoft Tools -- Tutorial List (inc DirectX) -- My Utilities --TrainzTutorials.com

United States of America, CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES

Quote Originally Posted by stratforduk6 View Post
    It downloads ok but its downloaded as a 'file' which my computer doesnt know what to open it with
    Maybe it's an .exe file, my S&C addon came that way. Just rename it to file.exe.

Mick Berg.

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Just rename it and put .exe after the file name , save it and click on it. You then have to put the serial number in the install program, that they emailed you.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

Is it the serial number with the main game or carbon city?

I pressed download the Blue Comet that I bought.

It previously said: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 10

The Blue Comet Installer file saved to My PC Downloads folder. It is not a RAR nor a CDP

Now it says: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 9

Does that mean that there are 9 more additional blue comet files that I must download in order to complete the Blue Comet ? And should I press "download" 9 more files from that Blue Commet download button. And will one of them be the actual CDP ? Of if I press the download button 9 more times, does my download capability expire for the Blue Comet?

Sorry for me being such a dunce
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 09:03 PM.

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I pressed download the Blue Comet that I bought.

It said: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 10
    The Blue Comet Installer saved to My PC Downloads folder

Now it says: Status Available -------------Remaining downloads 9

Does that mean that there are 9 more additional blue comet files that I must download in order to complete the Blue Comet, and should I press download 9 more files from that Blue Commet download button. And will one of them be the actual CDP ? Of if I press the download button 9 more times, does my download capability expire for the Blue Comet?

Sorry for me being such a dunce

I think that means you have 9 attempts to download the installer. I just bought the Dutchess Steam Loco at the sale price.
    Last edited by Robert2d6; September 27th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Bob

TS12 in the Trash Bin.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post
    Hi Stratforduk6,

Welcome to the forums.

The likely reason for the error is that the file may have become corrupted during download. Try downloading it using a download manager, or Google Chrome. (Firefox may also be able to do it as well)

Shane
    I do not have TS10 installed on my PC, I have to re-install my TS10 disc.

Do I have to have my TS10 installed on my PC in order to download my assets that I ordered from Simulator Central ?
    ================================================== =========================================

N3V strongly reccomends against using a Download Manager.

I have IE8, and have Google as a browser.

Should I be downloading by using Firefox, or Google Chrome (Download Managers: that N3V strongly does not reccomend using to download) ?
    ================================================== ================================================== =======

I didn't buy TS12, so the files I purchased should be smaller and take less time to download, as they are Packs of locos.
    ================================================== =======================================

I believe that all the downloads will go to my PC Downloads folder ?
    Or are they installed in my TS10 folder or TS10 Content Manager ?
    =================================================

I am lead to believe that the downloads may be a RAR which needs to be opened, and the CDP's are inside of the RAR file ?
    ================================================== =========================================

How can I save the downloads, for safekeeping, externally from my present PC, and externally from my TS10 installation ?

Can I just save them as I usually do, as a CDP, and store them on a type of media (external hard drive, DVD, memory stick, etc) ?
    ================================================== ===================================

I have downloaded freeware RAR and CDP files from many 3rd party sites, and have never had any problem downloading using IE8, and regular old Google.
    Should I expect this downloading from Simulator Central to be equally as painless and easy to do, using IE8 ?
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 09:34 AM.

Blog Entries

In order:

To download the files, you shouldn't actually need Trainz installed. To install them though, you will need one of the supported versions installed (which versions are supported depends on the addon)

If N3V no longer recommend using a download manager, that's news to me, as they previously advised using one (and in fact named Free Download Manager as their recommendation)

The packs are the same size regardless of version. The download files will go into your downloads folder as setup files.

It should be a .rar file, but some users have had some luck by renaming it to an .exe file.

To backup the files, copy the installation file(s) to an external medium (like you've suggested)

Shane
    Shane Turner

Thank You

I am tired, and will try downloading tonight ... do the downloads expire if left un-downloaded ?

(snip~ Simulator Central: "Please Note: We advise against the use of download managers to download your product files".)

Blog Entries

I will personally contact N3V about that, as I feel that is going to cause problems.

They do not have a time limit, but do have a amount limit.

Shane
    Shane Turner

I just checked the time in Brisbane and it is 1:38 AM Sept 28th.

The Simulator Central site still shows all the sale items, and TS12 for $ 12.48.

Has the sale been extended beyond Sept 27th ? Wheeeeeee !
    Last edited by BD1; September 27th, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't know on that one - be prepared for the full price though.

Shane
    Shane Turner