Extracting rar files.

Racn

Hi:
Took advantage of the great sale at the new store, everything downloaded 1st try. All the add ons with .exe's installed and now I am to the .rar files which are stand alone engines. Where are the .rar files to be extracted to?
My install location is E:Train Simulator 12, so is it just to the program folder or a folder inside of that?
Thanks for your help. (and yes I did just rebuy TS12 from the store, this is the first time I regretted buying a product from Steam).

google "WinRar free", that will get you software to extract the files to your desktop (or wherever). Then import the contents of the expanded folder into Trainz.

Use WinRAR from rarlabs.com. It's safe. 7zip is good too IF YOU ARE CAREFUL WHERE YOU GET IT FROM. IIRC 7zip.com distributes a spyware version; 7zip.org is the original, spyware-free version. Avoid Winzip.

Thanks all I got Winrar ok, so now I extract to a temporary location and then move them into the main TS12 folder? I noticed there are other folders in there but sounds to me like the main folder is the place.

What are you extracting? If it's JointedRail locos, open CMP, point them to wherever you unRARed them (you don't need to use the Trainz folder; in fact, it's best to unRAR to a temporary folder.) From the File menu, select Import CDP and navigate to wherever the CDPs are and select them.

Im going about this all wrong. It is JointedRail locos that are in .rar files which got put into C:/downloads/software using the Download Manager. What is CMP? When I start Trainz I dont see any headings like that. Sorry just dont know. Thanks for your help.

When you start Trainz, you should have the Content button on the main screen. That takes you to CMP or Content Manager Plus.

Thank you sir, got it done thanks to your input. Went into the railyard and all my dlc was there to view, wonderful. I have also found that the Trainz12 download from the store is running far better then it ever did using Steam. There were times when I would get black squares when driving trains, but not now, graphics seems sharper and theres no stuttering at all.

Back