Blizzard on CP Rail's Escanaba Sub

drewman

not here
Merry Christmas from the CP Rail's Escanaba Subdivision. This line is my latest "What-if" route in the series. The line runs between Sault Ste. Marie, ON to Escanaba, Michigan in Michigan's upper peninsula. The story goes that CP Rail was looking at new ways to move train quicker between Windsor-Toronto and Winnipeg. Built in 1996 using an old SOO line right-of-way, some sections which were which never had track built on them. The new route is called the "International Corridor" and see 20= CP rail freights a day. It also see several locals handled by a CP rail subsidy the St. Ignace Norther, which uses SOO GP9s, and handles all locals. BNSF also uses the line, and with an agreement, maintains the trackage. BNSF mow truck are common here. Also, a couple BNSF coal drags that move 4 times a week.
Currently: the route is set in the winter, during the last few days before Christmas. A very heavy snow storm has batterd the Michigan's upper pen. MOW crews are busy along the line, hacking ice away from signals, switches and even a string of Boxcars, coverd in snow!!! Trains are still moving but major delays have caused major problems.
Some areas seem un effected by this mess, but some are very bad. have fun!

The line begins in Sault Ste Marie, ON a large yard, including a hump yard.
cp1lk0.jpg

CP: Traskos is a hot spot on the line, where CP's main joins the hump yard lead, and crosses CN.
cp2hq7.png

cp3uc5.jpg

cp4zu5.jpg

cp5vy9.jpg

cp6cn0.jpg

cp7sm5.jpg

e1yp6.jpg

CP runs a unit ore drag, from Green Bay to Sault Ste. Maire once a week.
e8lr9.jpg

e9fc3.jpg

A signal maintainer hacks off ice on the Dafter signal bridge between trains.
e11vq3.jpg

A BNSF crew boards their train early in the morning on Christmas Eve.
e12ne1.jpg

e13xr5.jpg

Helm leasing units are common on the CP here in the U.S.
e14fj7.jpg

A BNSF train seen earlier in the morning is now stopped around noon on the section off track know as the "secondary" line. The train is waiting for a speical train, and a intermodel to meet on the main.
e15sn8.jpg

e16rx3.jpg

e17yg1.jpg

A local St. Ignace Northern crew heads to Thompson, MI to switch in the yard.
e18ew1.jpg

nice work:) , looking forward to it. before you release it make sure to change out those default levers. also when taking screenshots you should max out the train poly count slider to avoid that distortion to the trains in some of your shots. i see you finaly went and bought those SD70's from WoT :p
glad to see you are enjoying some of my content as well.:)

nice work:) , looking forward to it. before you release it make sure to change out those default levers. also when taking screenshots you should max out the train poly count slider to avoid that distortion to the trains in some of your shots. i see you finaly went and bought those SD70's from WoT :p
glad to see you are enjoying some of my content as well.:)
Thank you, yes I finnaly borke down and bought some units. They are very nice. I'm actully in the process of changing switch levers now. I'm gonna use CSX ones on the main, and older CN style in the yards, and branchlines.

Cool! Very niceley done! Too bad it's in the winter, or I could merge it with Chris' CN Northern Sub which runs out of Sault Ste. Marie

Drewman: GREAT work!!! I'm a huge fan of N. MI routes. My favorite line is the Escanaba & Lake Superior based in Escanada. The winter setting is really cool (pun intended). It adds to the unique character of Northern routes. Keep us updated as this is a route I will definetly want to download.

Thanks

Cool! Very niceley done! Too bad it's in the winter, or I could merge it with Chris' CN Northern Sub which runs out of Sault Ste. Marie

hahahahahaa haahahhaaa haaaa. :D na, the route is gonna big enough as it is. My goal is to finish it before Christmas.

Drewman: GREAT work!!! I'm a huge fan of N. MI routes. My favorite line is the Escanaba & Lake Superior based in Escanada. The winter setting is really cool (pun intended). It adds to the unique character of Northern routes. Keep us updated as this is a route I will definetly want to download.

Thanks
Sure will, i got a lot left on it, but I'm making progress.

Now thats what I am talking about....Love the pix with the ones that say Green Bay on it...Used to live there my self ;)......Keep up the GREAT work :)

Very nice...Love that dude scraping the ice off the signal :)....Any more pix???

Keep up the good work :)

Back