Blizzard on CP Rail's Escanaba Sub

Thank you, I'm looking a pictures to get the trees and grass right. I'd like to get the industry more focused on the ones in the U.P. Lumber, Ore, and not sure what else there is. But yea there will be a greener version in the spring. I'm shifting my focus to sessions now, just got done making AI train consists.

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm looking a pictures to get the trees and grass right. I'd like to get the industry more focused on the ones in the U.P. Lumber, Ore, and not sure what else there is. But yea there will be a greener version in the spring. I'm shifting my focus to sessions now, just got done making AI train consists.

Cool.....I will be looking forward to that one come spring....:Y:

On the ELS side of things....We see a lone ELS GP38 spotting a tank car at a near by industry

I got around to downloading it today and it looks alot better, only thing I see is a few glitches, mainly floating track near the Trout Lake Siding and trees on the right-of-way between "The Soo" and Trout Lake and what not. Pretty good non-the-less.

I have this downloaded and will definitely be checking it out. Thanks for the updated route and looking forward to running it. Also, I agree with WCL that a summer-time route would be well received.

Keep up the great work!

Here's a shot I just took a few minutes ago as a CP Rail Intermodal leaves Escanaba, MI.
CES-CPRIntermodalTrain-Escanaba.jpg

PS: Great shots all and good to see you again WCL!

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean when you refer to the CP Escanaba Subdivision? The only Escanaba I can find in North America is the city in Michigan, but it has never been served by the CP. The Milwaukee Road, before it's bankruptcy, operated lines in to Escanaba, and was subsequently bought by the CP, but those lines were sold to the E&LS prior to the the sale of the former MILW to the CP, and they were never owned by the CP.

Might you mean instead the CP Esquimalt (and Nanaimo) subdivision, the rail line which ran on Vancouver Island in British Columbia?

ns

What exactly do you mean when you refer to the CP Escanaba Subdivision? The only Escanaba I can find in North America is the city in Michigan, but it has never been served by the CP. The Milwaukee Road, before it's bankruptcy, operated lines in to Escanaba, and was subsequently bought by the CP, but those lines were sold to the E&LS prior to the the sale of the former MILW to the CP, and they were never owned by the CP.

Might you mean instead the CP Esquimalt (and Nanaimo) subdivision, the rail line which ran on Vancouver Island in British Columbia?

ns

I figure this is the "Escanaba Subdivision" he is talking about.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?935-Blizzard-on-CP-Rail-s-Escanaba-Sub

Being a TRS'06 Route (Or earlier), it would've taken alot of work to update it. Vegetation would have been a big issue, as few Flora assets from TRS'06 can be used in TS12/TANE without editing, and look half way decent. Further, the models for TRS'06 tended to be as different from TS12 assets as 1950s cars are to modern cars. Alot less under the hood, big, clunky, nothing like the new modern features, and you're lucky if the thing even starts....

If you're really interested in it, you could make your own route of the place, or even drop some cash for TransDEM and generate your own Route?

Good Luck,
-Falcus

User:Drewman never uploaded this to anything but a personal site, though I noticed in reviewing the thread that some well known members still in the community seem to have downloaded it. If they don't have it, or won't share it, you are out of luck.

Having said that, it's not clear how much of the route would work in TS12, since the route was made for TS2006, and some of the items in the thread about the route and session are about items from TS2004 that won't work in TS 2006.

ns

Back