ARN disappeared

i bought 2 Locomotives from the sale yesterday And since i installed them all of My Jointed Rail Locomotives ARN has disappeared can anyone tell me why

Sometimes TS12 which id imagine you tried them in thinks they are faulty but are not so try checking the ARN asset itself by viewing one of those locomotives and right clicking, selecting view dependencies. If you see a red ! mark then its thinking it has a problem. Try just right clicking on the ARN library then and select view errors/warnings This tends to clear up the fake errors

If that doesnt work try deleting the ARN library itself in this case and reinstall it ( should be on the Download Station as well).

Thanks for the quick Reply Mike On website what would it listed under?

ARN Library isnt listed by itself on the dependencies section of the website, but may be in the Locomotive Dependencies file there, but otherwise it is also on the Download Station.

Ok i tried that no luck could the problem be that i opened them in CCP the fix errors?

Bingo... Cannot open any of our assets in CCP as it will definitely break the ARN. I stay away from CCP like the plague and have learned to just edit via the config file itself. Takes some learning but thats the best way to do it.

Why does editing your locos in CCP throw up such a hell of a lot of errors? Shouldn't have these sort of problems with payware.

You shouldn't do, but there's a fact with CCP that a lot of users do not realise - despite the mesage at the start, it will cause the trainz-build to go up to 2.9, which is enough to stop some features working.

Shane

And what Shane said is the exact reason...It forces the build up to the current one which is the problem here since our assets are built and distributed to work from TS2009 SP4 thru TS12

Of course we could build 3 different assets, one for each version but this doesnt make sense given the fact they will work just fine across all 3 as long as you dont edit it in CCP.

Also what are you referencing as "a whole hell of a lot" of errors. Last I've seen its merely the ARN related problem is the biggest one within editing something via CCP. Unless your talking about the tags, build numbers and other assorted bits there shouldnt be any other errors. These are of course there because they are needed in previous versions like TS09 and TS10.

Why does editing your locos in CCP throw up such a hell of a lot of errors? Shouldn't have these sort of problems with payware.

first off, we dont sell them so you can edit them so any problems you have doing so are your own fault. they are sold in working condition, what you do is at your own risk.

And what Shane said is the exact reason...It forces the build up to the current one which is the problem here since our assets are built and distributed to work from TS2009 SP4 thru TS12

The problem no longer exists with the items made for 2009 SP4 and up. I sure am glad we dont have to support the lower versions anymore, it was the main cause of the problem because of the different config types, then when an 09+ user opened them in CCP the config was all changed around.

as you can see, people will complain either way.

Back