Bought Trainz 12 last week. Can I get the price diffrence refunded?

jd_james

Last week I bought TRS12 for the $40 and now I see it is being sold for just $12. I cant help but feel ripped off by this. Who do I contact at Auran for a refund of the price difference?

Try submitting a ticket through the helpdesk. Chances are, you won't get a refund, but they may give you a voucher for the difference.

Last week I bought TRS12 for the $40 and now I see it is being sold for just $12. I cant help but feel ripped off by this. Who do I contact at Auran for a refund of the price difference?

Before doing that, can you show me where they offered a Price Guarantee? I haven't seen anyone offer one of those in a long time, thanks to the economy.

Every good business knows that in order to thrive, you treat the customer with respect. If that is not enough, Where I am from we have laws that protect the consumer from such things like price swings after a recent purchase of a good or product.

Every good business knows that in order to thrive, you treat the customer with respect. If that is not enough, Where I am from we have laws that protect the consumer from such things like price swings after a recent purchase of a good or product.

Well where I am from, things go on sale all the time, that's why they call them sales. You could buy something this week, and find that a store discounts the same item 20% in two weeks from today. One can't expect to go back to the store and ask them to refund the difference in my opinion, and expect them to do it. By the way, where did you find TS12 for $12?

http://www.simulatorcentral.com/simulators/trainz-simulator-12.html That now looks to be the main page for TRS12 and there selling it for $12.

To give you an example of how things work here, This is a quote on Best Buy Canada's website

"If our own price is reduced present us with your original receipt within 30 days of purchase and we will refund the difference."

Considering I just bought this last saturday, All I ask is to recive the same amount of service.

Some brick-and-mortar retailers do that. Few (frankly, I don't know of any) online ones do, nor are the obligated to legally or morally.

If it's such a big deal, next time wait until it appears at Best Buy (though you'll be waiting a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time! ;) )

http://www.simulatorcentral.com/simulators/trainz-simulator-12.html That now looks to be the main page for TRS12 and there selling it for $12.

To give you an example of how things work here, This is a quote on Best Buy Canada's website

"If our own price is reduced present us with your original receipt within 30 days of purchase and we will refund the difference."

Considering I just bought this last saturday, All I ask is to recive the same amount of service.

Strange , when I Google Simulator central, I come up with no links. When I go to About on their opening page, the page is in some foreign language, which I can't figure out. ( I am no language expert) Where is this company located? http://www.simulatorcentral.com/index.php/about-magento-demo-store I would have serious doubts about giving them a credit card number.

Are you kidding me? Those are some INCREDIBLE prices. $6.25 for a 1-year FCT and $12.48 for a copy of TS12? WOW! SWEET! If an eBay auction that I plan on bidding on in the next few days sells as low as I hope it does, then it'll be a difficult choice between possibly using my remaining money for more pieces for my vintage Master Lock collection or to take advantage of these sale prices. Cheers to N3V! Great-looking new site also!
icon14.png

Regards,

Zachary.

That's standard default boilerplate text for many webapps, message boards, etc. Keep in mind that this site is still in the process of being set up. It's why the servers were out last night.

See this announcement:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...nce-19th-September-2012&p=1041739#post1041739

This is called "Greeked" type. It is used in the printing and graphics industry to represent copy that is supposed to go in that place on a brochure or in this case a webpage. We used to use this all the time when I worked in the industry so many years ago.

Magneto is an e-commerce web developer/partner that sets up e-commerce stores for clients such as Harbor Freight, Office Max, and many others. N3V maybe teaming up with them to sell the software rather than trying to do this through their own web server. This in some ways is better.

If I were the OP, I would contact N3V and see what they have to say, but as we've pointed out this is probably not going to get anywhere. I'm one of those souls that ends up getting something for the full price only to have it go on sale a week later. The only store that I've seen honor a sale price is Best Buy.

John

It's worth a shot. It's never a bad thing to ask, you never know what the answer will be.

Are you kidding me? Those are some INCREDIBLE prices. $6.25 for a 1-year FCT and $12.48 for a copy of TS12? WOW! SWEET! If an eBay auction that I plan on bidding on in the next few days sells as low as I hope it does, then it'll be a difficult choice between possibly using my remaining money for more pieces for my vintage Master Lock collection or to take advantage of these sale prices. Cheers to N3V! Great-looking new site also!
icon14.png

Regards,

Zachary.

One year FCT is $24.99 this morning.

Back