UMR-2013-SUMMER-MULTIPLAYER Session Ver 3.6

Neil is working on a new version of the route. I will be adopting the multiplayer session to it, so at this time there will be no new updates to Ver. 3.8. Thanks for all your help in finding the little problems so I could fix them. Hopefully you will all help with the new one. From what I have been told the changes should help the frame rates on multiplayer, fingers crossed. There have been some big changes to Travis and Clarksville. I have been told some of the redundant industries have been removed. I still think it will be just as great. I will make another post when all is ready.

I went to the DLS and searched for UMR TS12 Summer. There were a lot of routes but every one had the same title. There was no version designation. What KUID should I be looking for to get the latest? I have Ver 3.0 installed in my computer.

The latest multiplayer one that is trying to running 24/7 is UMR-2013-SUMMER-MULTIPLAYER <kuid2:95512:100096:1> for the route and UMR-2013-SUMMER-MULTIPLAYER Session Ver 3.8 <kuid2:394799:100085:19> for the session.

I'm finding that some cars won't load in a multi-player session that I am not the admin of. I think I found the problem. If you try to use the commodity picker in a way that the commdity is NOT shown on the car, it will freeze that car from ever loading even though you reset it by clicking on it with the default icon. This does not happen in a session I start as admin. For example, setting a grain car to load only hops does not work in a non-admin session whereas it does work in an admin session.

Has anyone else found this to be true or am I in dreamland? Note that in a prev post I reported Barton Silo will not load rice. That is false. It loads rice just fine in a session hosted by me.

For some who have never used the commodity picker a brief explanation: it is useful when you have a string of 12 similar cars (grain cars) and you want the AI to go to a specific elevator and load wheat in 4 cars only and then go to another silo and load barley in the other 8, you can restrict 4 cars to wheat only and 8 cars to barley only using the commodity picker.

I'm finding that some cars won't load in a multi-player session that I am not the admin of. I think I found the problem. If you try to use the commodity picker in a way that the commdity is NOT shown on the car, it will freeze that car from ever loading even though you reset it by clicking on it with the default icon. This does not happen in a session I start as admin. For example, setting a grain car to load only hops does not work in a non-admin session whereas it does work in an admin session.

Has anyone else found this to be true or am I in dreamland? Note that in a prev post I reported Barton Silo will not load rice. That is false. It loads rice just fine in a session hosted by me.

For some who have never used the commodity picker a brief explanation: it is useful when you have a string of 12 similar cars (grain cars) and you want the AI to go to a specific elevator and load wheat in 4 cars only and then go to another silo and load barley in the other 8, you can restrict 4 cars to wheat only and 8 cars to barley only using the commodity picker.

This had nothing to do with the commpdity picker. There a few cars that do this on the route and so far I have never been able to figure it out or has anyone else. Their are cars that will not load at the suger mill as well as Walden scrap metal, unless you do it on the base session. Maybe some day it will be fixed.

I loaded some beer pallets in 9 PFE reefers delivered them and derailed. The 9 reefers came out of the re-rail portal. I grabbed them with power and took them to the Bud brewery and they would not load. The commodity picker would not set them to beer pallets anymore. It seems like there are some flaky issues with multi-player.

I loaded some beer pallets in 9 PFE reefers delivered them and derailed. The 9 reefers came out of the re-rail portal. I grabbed them with power and took them to the Bud brewery and they would not load. The commodity picker would not set them to beer pallets anymore. It seems like there are some flaky issues with multi-player.

That is not a problem with multiplayer. These PFE's in there original state do not carry beer pallets and some other goods that my spread sheet says they do. These goods were added to the cars in the session, so when the cars come back, thru the re-rail portal, they come back in there initial state. Really nothing that I know of can fix that, sorry.

Did a bit of experimenting awhile ago with loading and some wagons will only load if you are the host, if you have joined a session as a client those same wagons will fail to load, this has been an ongoing thing since MP was brought out.

As for the sugar Mill the only wagons so far as a client in MP which will load sugar is the ACFX Covered Hopper kuid 107727:100012 and CSX Covered Hopper kuid 107727:100013 both are paintshed reskins that chrisracer 8903 made they are built in to TS12 as well. These two wagons where in the first couple of MP sessions for UMR but they had to travel from Travis first to get to the Atlantic Sugar Mill, and not many players knew this and where either already loaded with wheat or scattered across the map, so it took me all day to get them there which was ok as i work for a real railway so i am used to things not being where they should be lol.
This was not the session creators fault as the wagons that where at Atlantic Sugar should have loaded Sugar but again only for the host.

The hassle with MP is that examples like the above make it very hard for the session creator to make a session work first time as it may work perfect for the creator / host but fails when uploaded as a MP session. This is why a separate upload area for creators to test their MP sessions would be nice instaed of having lots of MP sessions that are faulty through no fault of the creator.

This is just my observation and of course with Trainz anything can happen thats what makes it interesting.:)

Heres my two cents on UMR.

I liked and didn't like when it had a password. With a Password trouble makers could be kept out. At the time, new players would be unable to join. I see that the latest server is PW free, and I like that. That way I dont have to hunt some one down to get it and join the session. But at the same time, talking to a few people in session, seams like other people have been out there derailing trains and making a mess. Yes I know I derailed, but it was an accident, and it was just 5 cars. But there are those legit trouble makers out there that seam to want to cause problems. I think there is a way to block people out of a session. Such and "Block User." And I think its just a matter of typing in there name. Now I know Mmonti can see the text box, and is the host. So it could be possible that a list of know trouble makers be made. Then when a session is started, those trouble makers would be put in the block list preventing them from joining and mucking things up for every one else. the again, this is only if the block user list works the way I think it does. Its been a while since I hosted a session, and haven't looked into it in a while.

The other thing I want to suggest, more steam? Like the Pere Marquette 1225 that Colorado71 made and I put up on the DLS?

I'm currently waiting on Trainz 12 to arrive in the mail and would like to get into multiplayer. Is there any software I need to install prior to connecting to a multiplayer session on UMR 2013? Also if there is a password needed please send me a PM here on the forums. And what engines/cars cannot be used on this session? I'm a huge fan of steam engines, but will use diesels if required.

You need to wait till you have TS12 installed. Then download the route and session from the DL in content manager. There are two (2) types. Make sure you down load the Muiltyplayer ones if that is what you want to run. At this time there is no password needed.

Thanks for letting me know about the password. I'm no stranger to downloading routes, have to install the base route before the sessions.

Downloading the base Route first is incorrect. Always download the latest version of the session first then check it for missing dependencies, which may include the route if it has not already been automatically downloaded then download them as well.

The UMR that is now running 24/7 is the UMR-2013-SUMMER-REVISITED-MULTIPLAYER <kuid2:95512:100361:1> by Neil Smith with the session UMR-2013-SUMMER-REVISITED-MULTIPLAYER-SESSION Ver 1 <kuid:394799:100064> by me.

Hi everyone just a quick note for the latest update for UMR revisited, the Barton Silos industry tracks have disconnected from track, so Rice will have to go via truck till per way can fix it.:)

Hello!

I am trying to join the multiplayer session "UMR 2013 Summer Fun V1.1 Started 01/02 8:35 AM Lewiscc65", but I get this message: "The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer. The session, the route, or some dependencies are not built-in and are not available on the download station."

I checked the session in the Content Manager, and everything seems to be there. Anyone have any thoughts on resolving this?

Thanks!
--
Blayne

Back