no content on dls

puffer1

since 13 sept. i have had no content on the dls before the 12 sept. I am having no problems, does anyone have any idea why.

There are several threads about this already, these things happen from time to time.

Likewise. I know new content is available - I can see it on the black pages, but not only can I not find any new content on the CM but some of the authors are missing as well. For example Itareus - whom I know has release in the last day or two but I can not find this or any items related to his name. But they are present on the black pages.

i was wondering if it was just the uk?

I think it's affecting people in the US and AUS also judging by the posts I've seen - although more UK people have posted than from anywhere else which is unusual, makes me wonder if there is a time factor involved - seems unlikely but ? The Auran/N3V admin is in Brisbane AUS but I believe the servers are in the US.

I think it's affecting people in the US and AUS also judging by the posts I've seen - although more UK people have posted than from anywhere else which is unusual, makes me wonder if there is a time factor involved - seems unlikely but ? The Auran/N3V admin is in Brisbane AUS but I believe the servers are in the US.

You are correct. We are out of commission to for downloads from that period as well.

I've seen this before. The database is out of sync from when the DLS was off the air. Once the files are available again, the content will come alive and we'll be able to download through Content Manager.

John

Not really just advised to run an EDR which a couple of us did and it didn't change anything, in fact in my case it made the problem worse, I did it on a spare copy so as not to screw up my main install. Back on the main copy I searched in CM for Location = Unknown and the missing ones come up with the exception of 13th and 14th.
Subsequently my main install has updated to 15th, 16th and 17th but 12th which was there has vanished, they can again be found by an unknown location search though and still zero for 13th and 14th. I have a feeling there are no 13th or 14th downloads anyway. Personally, I don't download much other than updates, so it's not a major disaster but I can imagine is is for some.

I find this very strange I am unable to see any content on my main computer, but all the dates from the 15th show on my laptop 2010 there Don't appear to be any content on the 13th and 14th there must be a file corrupt I have checked but I am unable to see any problems.

Not really just advised to run an EDR which a couple of us did and it didn't change anything, in fact in my case it made the problem worse, I did it on a spare copy so as not to screw up my main install. Back on the main copy I searched in CM for Location = Unknown and the missing ones come up with the exception of 13th and 14th.
Subsequently my main install has updated to 15th, 16th and 17th but 12th which was there has vanished, they can again be found by an unknown location search though and still zero for 13th and 14th. I have a feeling there are no 13th or 14th downloads anyway. Personally, I don't download much other than updates, so it's not a major disaster but I can imagine is is for some.

Malc,

There is definitely stuff to download from these dates. It is up on the DLS black pages, but if you try download it comes up as unknown location and is unavailable. I didn't bother to do an EDR for fear of ruining what I've got installed already.

John

Well the Black pages are not going to be affected by a problem on our PC's as you don't even need Trainz running to download, that excludes us having the problem.

I still don't understand why I can download the content on my laptop but not on my main computer laptop is wifi main computer is lan all from the same network according to my laptop there wasn't any content on the 13/14 sept.

what I did't put in my previous post was that I tried both IE and firefox I do see the content appear for a brief moment then diappear

As I posted in the DLS forum I have had no new content in CM 3.6 from the 13th September.
That's a bit funny as I have all content/dates in CM 3.6 showing, no problems at all. In CM 3.3 I have no content showing since 13th September. The reverse maybe of your experience.

Craig
:):):)

Back