Building this track for my son

neilrsmith

Hello all

This game is a crazy learning curve for me. I'm trying to find some particular things in the equipment. Can anyone tell me where the turntable is and what it's called.

And, does the Mac version have any problems importing the Thomas the Tank Engine trains? They are imported but listed in RED and I cannot select them to drop them onto the map.

One more question, when I create a route I'm given one square map canvas. How do I add more canvases to make my route larger?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Neil

Sir, I wouldn't know a thing about importing but I can help you with your baseboard problem. You go to the tab that allows you to edit terrain and there will be a button at the bottom that says expand or delete baseboard. Obviously you want to expand. So click on that and then click outside of the map. And there you have it. I hope my memory is correct.

P.S. Nice to see a father and son enjoying trains together. :)

-Blake

Neil,

First off I would suggest you register your version of Trainz on the Auran website, this will give you access to the Download Station with many thousands of free downloadable assets and also show up next to your name when you post on the forum, acting as proof that you have a legal version !

I'm not a Mac user so I'm hoping that this Windows based information also applies to Mac. Items that show as red, or don't show at all in Surveyor, are faulty. Go into Content Manager, select one of the items, right click on it for a pop up menu and select "View Errors and Warnings" to see what is wrong. (The method of doing this may well be different on a Mac). Most errors can be fixed under Windows, but the tools for doing so may not be available for Mac.

There is a Mac specific section of this forum which would be the best place to get (Mac specific) detailed help.

The answer to your third question has already been given by Blake.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome to the forums! The stuff showing in red means that it is faulty. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just that it was made for an earlier version of Trainz. The game is updated fairly regularly (The Mac version is equivalent to TS10 in most cases from what I understand), There is a 2012 version, 2009 was prior, and so on. Click on the Planet Auran link at the top of the page to register your software with them and it will show everyone what versions of Trainz you have in the little station list icon at the top of your posts.

Anyhow, the assets showing in red were for a prior version, and they must not have been updated to work with the newer version of the program. No lie, there is a bit of a learning curve to fixing faulty content. Use the search tool at the top of the page. You'll find a lot of help here in the forums and a lot of people who will help you while you learn. In order to be more specific to help, you will need to know exactly what is wrong with the content. Although I am on a Mac, I use a PC version of Trainz, so I am not sure how you go about getting content into the game (there is a Content Manager on the PC side), but it is in that content manager that the content is downloaded. It is also where all your content is listed, and right clicking on something in that list will bring up a menu that says "Show errors and warnings." You will need those errors and warnings to go further.

You may be smacking yourself in the head "What did I get myself into??!!??" but you'll get the hang of it!!!

The only difference with the Mac from what I understand is that right-click has become control-click, and that most tools required to fix errors are not available to Mac users.

Shane

The Thomas content is notorious for it's missing assets, so beware, and best of luck to you!

The turntable is called a turntable and there are a number on the DLS, also some built-in. Try typing 'turntable' in the scenery tab. Register so that we know which version you have, and we can give more specific help.

Ray

Back