Problems with Trainz 2010

SouthwestinAZ1

BNSF Peavine Foamer
So I started up trainz 2010 today thinking I was going to get some route planning/building in but I went to click the start button and after it opened the correct sized window (when I tried it in non full screen [i've tried both ways]) all it did was give me a black screen and stop responding. For reference I'm using the direct x settings on a Compaq Presario CQ-62-219 with ram upgrade to 8gb. any help would be appreciated.

Since you last started trainz sucessfully what have you done to your comp, updates for eg ?

can't say that I gave it that much time, it usually closes within 2-3 seconds of me closing Trainz
Might be the problem then.
First off launch trainz then choose options, then developer. Tick show database process windows. This will let you see when taddeamon has closed (it will be at the bottom of the screen near the windows icon).
At a guess I'd say the database has been corrupted by closing the comp down to soon, try an extended database repair or a quick one.

I think I got it resolved, I closed trainz out made sure that taddameon was closed then shut it down and rebooted.
I think the issue is resolved. if I have further issues I'll open a new thread.
Mods please close.

Back