I am 107. Am I the oldest Trainzer in the world?

pfx

My name is Arthur and I live in sheltered housing as I don't get around so well these days, but that doesn't stop me having great fun every day with Trainz. Although my eyesight isn't quite 20/20 these days, my wonderful kids have bought me a 72" plasma screen so it's not so bad. Not sure how it works as there's nowhere near enough room for a cathode ray tube. Trainz keeps my mind nimble, even if the old body wouldn't pass an MOT now.

I won 15-1 when I was 97 and I showed those youngsters a thing or two about being clever!

I love tea and can think of nothing better than sitting playing Trainz with a nice big mug of tea (in my favourite mug, the one with the GNR Class H4 on it). The staff have tried to find me a mug with a loco the same age as me on it, but to no avail.

What can I say? Trainz is brain food... ; )

Wow, congrats! Yes, I think you must be. I personally love to create for Trainz, as I do feel it keeps my mind sharp. My body on the other hand....:eek:

Wow..that is cooler than the north or the south poles. It must be a record for the oldest gamer in any game.

May we all call you Uncle Arthur please Sir ?

Likewise congratulations! Possibly the oldest gamer in the World as well as Oldest Trainzer!

Well you shocked me pfx, I thought you were a lot younger by the way you present yourself on the forum.

By the way, good on you my friend for winning 15 to 1, blimey you needed to have brains just to appear on the show, never mind winning it.

I dedicate this song to you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcwLrEATXH4

The song is Arthur's Theme by Christopher Cross

May you be with us for a long time.

Joe Airtime

107 eh? Well, if that's true then you shock me pfx, you create the distinct impression of being a much younger person, anyway, congratulations on reaching your 1st century plus.:confused:

Last edited:
107 eh? Congratulations! Perhaps you are the oldest gamer in the world. Maybe you should change your status from 'Trainz Veteran' to 'Trainz Centenarian'?

Last edited:
You know what else has 107 in it's name?

800px-Class_107_in_Largs_(April_1984).jpg

The BR Class 107!

Congratulations!

Dear Innis (aka Arthur),

I am wracking my brains to think of the 'wind up' behind this thread, can you please give us all a clue!

Regards,

Rob.

Last edited:
My goodness. :). I never thought there were trainzers that were past the age of 80. This should go in the Guinness book of world records. I think Trainz is a great hobby and keeps the mind thinking even though there is nothing really educational to it other than numbers and meanings. I hope I will be able to play trainz for a long time.

Hi der everybody
well pfx beats i bye ten yers as i be only 97 which is about middle age down yer in somerzet, its the smell of all the cow dung that does it, keeps e moving around and active. I am retired wid good pensions and done well from the sell of me buisness (flogging pig manure for use in Cornish pasties). I was well into trainz recreating that line that went from Shackleton bay to the South Pole.

Then this big buxom 23-year-old wench from down the village fell for me. We married in June when she said she wanted me to provide her with a big family. So, I don’t get much time fer trainz now as I feel like ar locall farmers ole bull that’s bin hired out.

I av tried getting on with me route but every time i get trainz up an running she comes up behind me an says I bet I can create a train longer than dat. Trouble is with me shaky right hand fings is all over before we ever do anyfing that might create a large family.

I did manage to get back to trainz wen she was out de other day, but for some reason I did not av de strength to move the mouse

Arnold
Trainz and buxom bird lover

Dear Innis (aka Arthur),

I am wracking my brains to think of the 'wind up' behind this thread, can you please give us all a clue!

Regards,

Rob.

Hello Rob. Firstly, I believe you deserve a prize for the obvious reason. I think this is one of those threads that seems to have grown its own legs and run off, far, far away! As for your question, my reference to tea within the post itself, should give you a clue if you read a recent response to another threads discussing forums (fora?). I have a feeling that I may be on the wrong end of some hate mail very soon... But well, you have to laugh now and again. It is as they say, the best medicine.

Bill, nice effort. Your spelling of Zummerzet gave you away though.

Errrrrm, I'll just collect my coat on the way out...

Last edited:
Hello Rob. Firstly, I believe you deserve a prize for the obvious reason. I think this is one of those threads that seems to have grown its own legs and run off, far, far away! As for your question, my reference to tea within the post itself, should give you a clue if you read a recent response to another threads discussing forums (fora?). I have a feeling that I may be on the wrong end of some hate mail very soon... But well, you have to laugh now and again. It is as they say, the best medicine.

Bill, nice effort. Your spelling of Zummerzet gave you away though.

Errrrrm, I'll just collect my coat on the way out...

Excellent! Let all of us sit back and enjoy the coming showdown!

Back