Railroad drawings/paintings

cweis127

Building America
I guess this could go here, let me know otherwise. I have been picking up a hobby of painting some locomotives from Trainiax into a fictional railroad scheme called MORR(Missouri Regional Railroad.) These are just a few of many, and I would also like to see your creations as well, with Mr Eby's permission of coarse.

Last edited:
Nice work, and right forum, so you're good! MORR sounds like a perfectly fine regional RR.

Thanks. The scheme was inspired by the MNAR colors. And the design was taken from the Providence & Worcester. And then of coarse, the bicentennial units. At the moment, I am trying to make a logo up for the railroad. Maybe a Genesee & Wyoming inspired logo, seeing as that the railroad is owned by RailAmerica

Last edited:
Heres mine Its a fitional railroad called the United Rail Switching Co. or URSC
There roster includes:SD40-2, SD38-2, SW1200, SW1500, SLUG.

SW1500
36-emd-sw1500-emdx-ph1b.jpg

SLUG
36-gmd-gp9-slug-cn-1.jpg

SW1200
36-emd-sw1200-0-a.jpg

SD40-2(PATCHED UP)
55-up-3537-emd-sd40-2.jpg

SD38-2
36-emd-sd38-2-eje-ph1a-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cool locomotives, here's a drawing I did by hand of the Southern Railway 4501. (sorry about the size.)
5b3d2dca23e878047229a2f37a21e476.jpg

Haters gonna' hate. Did up for a friend who wanted to try the GE scheme on his HO SD60.

d9516b188e28697b99d0b968d1984ac6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice drawing GG1, I didn't expect that, lol. And 007007, love the work you did with that SD60, i love SD60s from UP predecessors

Nice work!

If I may, I have a suggestion...

If you are using GIMP, Make a new layer, sample the dark color they are using for door edges, door latches, etc....Redraw the lines that the lettering is covering up, then turn down the opacity of the layer.....maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 or 30%

That will make it look like the edges are still there and the lettering is part of it...

Handrails that would obstruct the lettering you could make another layer and redraw the pieces that should be obstructing the view of the lettering. That layer you leave at 100% Opacity.

I hope that helps, I look forward to more of your work....

Also, something in here maybe catch your eye as useful: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?92653-Hack-s-list-of-stuff-for-new-content-creators

And one I did a LONG LONG time ago...

(you might want to don your sun glasses)

tpeGP20.png

Loosely based on the L&N scheme...

It was for a model RR that I never built.... Basically the story was that this was a Ohio - Pennsylvania regional railroad in the early 70's that had turned it fortunes around...

Then in 1976 the alternative plan for Conrail was selected instead of the one that was implemented. It was to make 2 railroads out of all the bankrupt NE railroads. 2 Roads to ensure competition and give shippers a choice.

The NYC, PRR, NH, and parts of the LV went into Conrail. (Core road built around the PC)

The RDG, CNJ, EL, the other half of the LV, and LH&R were going to go into another entity. (Core road built around the EL)

Senator V.M. Rumblefart from Ohio argued that perhaps a management team that had shown how to turn a railroads fortunes around should be entrusted with the 2nd road, and it just so happened he knew of a line...

The TP&E ended up with everything Conrail didn't want, Alcos, FMs, Baldwins, F units, E units, Etc....

EDIT: Anyone up for Rebuilt E units with Catepillar Diesels pulling a Trailer Train or Autoracks?

Last edited:
Back