Pretty DISGUSTING iTrainz Server Maintentance - Aug 28 2012 - STILL OUT MULTIPLAYER

ARR

TO NV3 STAFF - Zec Murphy and pw3r

iTrainz Server Maintentance - August 28th 2012

""
The iTrainz server will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance and updates from 10AM AEST Tuesday 28/8/2012. Trainz multiplayer, iTrainz chat services and Download Station upload processing may be unavailable or unstable for several hours.
""

This Post by NV3 Staff --- above PRETTY DISGUSTING

Pretty DISGUSTING iTrainz Server Maintentance - Aug 28 2012 - STILL OUT MULTIPLAYER

as OFF SUNDAY NIGHT SEPT 02 2012
-

MULTIPLAYER HAS BEEN Down MOST of Week -

Before you folks .... come Out With a New TRAINZ 13 or TRAINZ 14

HOW about FIXing MULTIPLAYER in TS12 .....

so that The Server Dose NOT CRASH every few Hours :confused::(

and ALSO iPORTAL SYSTEMS and Re-Rail PORTALS

One of the Longest Weekends of the YEAR, and NO WAY OF PLAYING ONLINE - with

100's of Pissed - OFF TS12 Players - Your sure Doing a Great Job in OZZIE LAND - to

make A LOT OF UN-HAPPY CAMPERS ...

THURSDAY SEPT 05 & 06 -2012

Here we go Again .....

SERVER been Down From Weds Sept 05 and at 1515 Pacific ...So Far Today...

Status Zec ... Please ---- Thanx

Last edited:
Good Morning ARR
Our admin is aware of the iTrainz server issues, and we are working on this. However, it is taking longer than expected to resolve these issues. Unfortunately, we were not able to resolve the issues before the weekend, however we are working to have the issues resolved as soon as possible.

Regards

Hello Zec:
long time it is me Thumper. My point of view is for a 2nd server added to take up the Load on the system, and as a redundant back up that is not located in the same location, this is what we do with our MULTIPLAYER flight simulators.

Thumper aka gspiveygc Greg

The voice of God is right. With large international web operations such as this, we cannot afford long periods of downtime. A backup/clone server in a remote location (possibly closer to HQ in Aus) is necessary to maintain useful service 24/7.

To err is human, but to really screw up you need to involve a server and Multi player........ here is wishing luck to the N3V staff in the repair efforts

Good Afternoon All
The iTrainz server is now back online, and the multiplayer, iPortal, and Trainz Chat system should now be functioning again.

We will be monitoring the server, however if you do see any further issues, then please let us know.

Regards

Good Afternoon All
The iTrainz server is now back online, and the multiplayer, iPortal, and Trainz Chat system should now be functioning again.

We will be monitoring the server, however if you do see any further issues, then please let us know.

Regards

Zec ....

1> How about a Dynamic ... Web Page Site for a LIVE STATUS .... and a Place to see, a Message

from NV3 ... showing an acknowledgement and/or expected turn around to get back up running...???

2> At Least One More MIRROR Server to Take ..... HEAVY LOADS on Server ( two or three would even better ) :)

These are the errors that come up with a Network Diagnostics test:

Error: Download failed - error 2.
Error: Test 'ftp dls' failed.
Error: Download failed - error 2.
Error: Test 'ftp firstclass' failed.

2> At Least One More MIRROR Server to Take ..... HEAVY LOADS on Server ( two or three would even better ) :)

Someone tell this dumb bafoon (ie. me, i even spelt bafoon wrong.) how much another server would cost, of that size?

Jamie

Someone tell this dumb bafoon (ie. me, i even spelt bafoon wrong.) how much another server would cost, of that size?

Jamie

lol, *buffoon

Has God replied to this thread? Have I missed it? Have I been passed over? Another sleepless night ahead....:confused:

You had to have been there to get the reference, but Thumper here has earned infamy on TeamSpeak as the "voice of God".

Jamie

It's not a case of buying a server and plugging it in, even if it was servers are not cheap to buy.
N3V rent their servers so you are looking at an additional server rental with 24/7 access and sufficient bandwidth for multiplayer plus maybe charges for support etc. Cost could be anything depending on the hosting provider and what options they provide, crap servers are cheap, good ones are probably $500 per month upwards. That is obviously in addition to what ever they are paying for rental of existing servers, they have already added extra servers for the DLS earlier on this year or maybe last, can't really remember.

Down - THURSDAY SEPT 05 & 06 -2012

THURSDAY SEPT 05 & 06 -2012

Here we go Again .....

SERVER been Down From Weds Sept 05 and at 1515 Pacific ...So Far Today...

Status Zec ... Please ---- Thanx

Back