Serious TS12 problems! Please help!

epa

Angry Trainz Nerd
a lot of times when im using CM, i get an error that says "TADDaemon.exe has stopped working" followed by "TrainzUtil.exe has stopped working." after that im forced to wait for it to update the database next time i start Trainz or run CM. When i finally get going in TS12, I try to save the route im building and it will say "session was saved but not committed" or some mumbo-jumbo like that. Is this fixable without a re-install??

If you chose to reinstall the game, it will save all of your content but if you have an add-on route say the marias pass route x, you would have to reinstall the add on.

Would help if you posted what OS you are using.
So taking a guess.
If using Win7 you need to run as Administrator using the method detailed here http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=running-as-administrator. Doesn't matter if you are using an Admin account or not as Admin functions are crippled in Win7 so you have to specifically tell Trainz to run as Administrator otherwise it may not save all the settings properly.

If you are constantly getting database updates on launching then you may be shutting the PC down before TadDaemon has closed and finished it's background work. Go to Launcher > Options > Developer > Display Database process windows. Do not shut down the PC until the TadDaemon Window has closed or gone from the Task bar.

Not committed means it will be in the open for edit tab in Content Manager, you can try committing it there.

Im using Windows 8 release preview. I've been thinking about going back to Win7. I have Trainz and CM running as admin. I never really shut down the PC. and this is a "... has stopped working" error that usually pops up when using CM. I have TS12 installed on an external hard drive because of a small hard drive on my PC. Im thinking it might have a loose connection and it has gone corrupted once, forcing me to lose an install of TS10 which i never registered because i was too lazy to. Back on topic now, this error im experiencing makes TS12 want to do a database repair upon launch.

and i just finished using CM to download some stuff with no problems...

Last edited:
Im using Windows 8 release preview. I've been thinking about going back to Win7. I have Trainz and CM running as admin. I never really shut down the PC. and this is a "... has stopped working" error that usually pops up when using CM. I have TS12 installed on an external hard drive because of a small hard drive on my PC. Im thinking it might have a loose connection and it has gone corrupted once, forcing me to lose an install of TS10 which i never registered because i was too lazy to. Back on topic now, this error im experiencing makes TS12 want to do a database repair upon launch.

and i just finished using CM to download some stuff with no problems...

If you are using Windows 8 release preview, aren't you going to have to reinstall windows if you decide not to keep it or do a clean install of Windows 8 which means wiping your harddrive in either case?

i have TS12 on an external/portable hard drive, so if i revert to W7, i wont lose my TS12.

Back