Small Diesel Switchers

Yakutsky

I'm looking for some small diesel switchers (30's to 60's USA) from GE or ALCO. I've found some S3's and RS's but they're too big. The GE 40 tonner I found is a very old model and the graphics are off in TS2010. Does anyone know a site where I can find some? As content manager seems to just harbor the bigger stuff. Thanks.

Last edited:
"they're too bug"? You mean too big, or they have bugs? Search for author sniper297, category locomotives, you'll find some RS3, RSD5, S4, and if those are too big I updated five 44 tonners for IndustRail, you can always reskin those for other railroads.

I'm looking for some small diesel switchers (30's to 60's USA) from GE or ALCO. I've found some S3's and RS's but they're too big. The GE 40 tonner I found is a very old model and the graphics are off in TS2010. Does anyone know I site where I can find some? As TS2010 seems to just harbor the bigger stuff. Thanks.
what about the X100 or X200 class on the DLS

Haha, too big and some have bugs aswell probably because they're so old. Thanks for that, will check it out.

And CattyPatty, do I need to register with that site? I tried to download it but it just gives me an orange screen.

EDIT: I found it on the CM, awesome, thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up about the X100 and X200, those will probably be useful if I do an Australian themed route.

Still trying to figure out if he means "too big", aside from 44 tonners what's smaller than an S4?

scaled.php

Two later big locos for size comparison with assorted 50s-60s era switchers, the S4 really ain't much bigger than the 44 tonner, the biggest 50s-60s era road switcher is the GP7, which still ain't that much bigger than the 44 tonner.

scaled.php

Free to reskin for any road, you could probably do better on the door detail. All mine include my custom cabs, also free to clone and reskin, they might not be that good but they're usually an improvement on the original cabviews.

scaled.php

Spider297, I was looking for the 44 tonners... that's smaller than an S4, would be good if there were some 57 tonners etc out there aswell. I'm downloading some of your content now, and I'm thinking about getting TS12 now. (but that was the other topic)

Yikes, I've been demoted from sniper to spider? :hehe: I haven't really looked around much for other USA industrial switchers, I'm more of a road switcher type - GP7, GP9, and RS11 are my faves since they're great for switching and can be used in pairs or trips for long haul heavy stuff. The only industrial switcher other than the 44 tonner I've seen in real life was a Whitcomb 80 tonner, altho I know Whitcomb also made a 30 tonner that was geared with a gas engine.

Well... we were already talking about bugs so.. ;) Your Industrail loco's are really nice and perfect for my old rusty look I'm trying to create. Thanks.

Yes you do need to register but its worth it because most of their content one there site is top notch and its free.

GM is General Motors, EMD is General Motors ElectroMotive Division. Same people who make Caddilac - Chevy - Pontiac - Oldsmobile also own the company that makes locos.

Hi Jim --

" ... also own the company ... ."

I recall that GM sold EMD during your economic melt-down. I think it's now owned by Caterpillar.

Add "ed" to the end I guess. I don't keep up with the news, but I heard GM is asking the feds for another bailout loan. In any case SW, GP, SD, and so forth are more correctly called EMD, some people do use GM instead. GE is a different animal with fingers in assorted pies, General Electric makes railroad locos, jet engines, and electrical power and distribution equipment.

Had another Look,

BR 323 V60.3 LOK 2 Tommy & Other repaints
Krass Mafei 225b Lok 1 Anna And other repaints (Locos sent all over the World), Great little loco
KOEF I & II Many On DLS from all over Europe, No reason why they might have gone further, only some have right engine sounds

DaveSnow (DLS) :
DES Model MPS-1 Switcher 4 different numbers
GMD-1 (CN & Undec of 2 Versions)
TrackMobile Model 4250 Yard Vehicle
Shuttlewagon Yard Vehicle
Plymouth ML-8

Trainzone:
GE 23T Boxcab SG (Marked as Beta)

There must be something right is tis collection

Tom

h

Last edited: