Anyone else have this problem?

colwell27

colwell27_20120830_0004.jpg

When I zoom out from my BNSF gevo locos I get black textures. Look at the brake wheel and under the back light on the 2nd and 3rd unit. Now the 4th unit is just a little closer and its just fine. The first unit is one of my reskins and I don't have problems with it. I have the NS, LMS, KCS, and CSX gevo's and i don't have issues with them. Just the BNSF ones. I have re-installed and a couple of other things but no luck. Customer support great (I sent an E-mail and got a reply back within 5 minutes)but could not help me fix my problem. I have had this problem for a long time now (even when I had it on my other computer and TS10) and I'm just getting around to asking about it.

Thanks for any help,
Jeff

colwell27_20120830_0005.jpg

Now the second unit might look funny but i was just testing something. I put a LMS skin - the LMS on a cloned bnsf gevo and you can see it looks like the brake wheel has a light glow. The first unit is a LMS gevo and the brake wheel is not glowing or black. It is kind of hard to see but it did get lighter.

Jeff

Last edited:
What are your Trainz settings at? I have never seen this before or atleast noticed it so I'm just taking a guess it may be one of your settings may be causing LOD to kick in faster.

Well I;m using OpenGL, 1920x1080, 32 bit, Autodetect aspect ratio, Antialias mode 2 on a GTX 560.In game - Draw distance 5000m, Scenery normal, tree high, Anisotropy 4, Good weather fog 0.2 Bad 0.4, Gamma 1.00 None. I'm not sure what other trainz settings info you need.

Today I cloned a bnsf gevo and opened the file. I looked it the body.im files in trainz mesh viewer in notice the body_a.im file the brake wheel is black on that image as well as _b, _c, _d. So yes there is something going on with my LOD. I edited the body.im text document to look like this--
version 1.0
offset = 0.01;
calcPoint = center;
multiplier = 1.0;
animationCutOff = 0.4;
mesh("0.10")
{
name="body.im";
}
mesh("0.15")
{
name="body.im";
}
mesh("0.40")
{
name="body.im";
}
mesh("0.60")
{
name="body.im";
}
mesh("1.0")
{
name="body.im";
}

Just to see what would happen and now the wheel don't turn black. I'm sure if i run them like this it will hurt game performance.

I'm not to sure how the LOD works but I would think once I zoom out from the model the next LOD .im (body_a.im) would kick in and would show in game and so on.

Jeff

Last edited:
Back