Road Issues With ATLS Traffic Stopper

prettyboy

Hi I am just looking for a little help solving an issue I am having with BNSF50's roads and the original ATLS traffic stopper, the problem occurs when I connect a BNSF50 road to the traffic stopper then the road directly beneath the stopper disappears into the ground below grade, I know that I can adjust the stopper height up but if everything was to work correctly I shouldnt have to make any adjustments right? I did read in an online article that there is a BNSF50 nrc atls traffic stopper but when i search the download station all I see is the Original traffic stopper. Is BNSF's traffic stopper payware? Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.:cool:

None of the ATLS assets I have are payware. This includes all the road stoppers. I don't remember the reason why the stoppers need to be raised, I think it had to do with something with the stopper was built for someone elses road kits.

None of the ATLS assets I have are payware. This includes all the road stoppers. I don't remember the reason why the stoppers need to be raised, I think it had to do with something with the stopper was built for someone elses road kits.

This might have to do with them being created when the roads were made differently. In the not so distant past, the roads were made thinner and actually floated above the terrain. People went through great lengths to lower them and stick them to the ground. Now with the YARN roads and their relations, they've been made with a different attachment point location, so they tend to want to bury themselves instead of just connecting. This same issues also affects level crossings as well. Some of the older ones will "pull" the road into the terrain instead of just connecting to it.

John

This might have to do with them being created when the roads were made differently. In the not so distant past, the roads were made thinner and actually floated above the terrain. People went through great lengths to lower them and stick them to the ground. Now with the YARN roads and their relations, they've been made with a different attachment point location, so they tend to want to bury themselves instead of just connecting. This same issues also affects level crossings as well. Some of the older ones will "pull" the road into the terrain instead of just connecting to it.

John

That's right. Thanks for reminding me.

I tend to have to raise the traffic stopper about 0.2 meters to get it to a desired level. If I raise it too much more, the rails appear embedded in the pavement, which is not the effect I'm going for. It's better to raise it that much and use a JR Grade Crossing trackside object, so that there's room for the wheels..

Thanks for the info everyone, I downloaded the rollable ATLS traffic stopper from the download station today and it seems to work better with BNSF50's roads so I think I will stick with it for now. I don't want to switch roads that's for sure I think the BNSF50 series of roads are great and look excellent on all my layouts, keep up the good work BNSF50!

Quite right..... I made my Stopper to match the AJS Road Kit which sits right at ground level, using painted textures for the road surface. It was a good system at the time, (and still is) but attachment points were I think -0.4. So that what I made the Stopper ones.

As you say, you can raise it. (You will need to hold 'shift' to get the needed fine tuning), but if Paul'z stopper is the correct height then use that. It works the same.

All ATLS assets are freeware on the DLS.

Regards,

Boat

Thanks for the info everyone, I downloaded the rollable ATLS traffic stopper from the download station today and it seems to work better with BNSF50's roads so I think I will stick with it for now. I don't want to switch roads that's for sure I think the BNSF50 series of roads are great and look excellent on all my layouts, keep up the good work BNSF50!

Thanks for the compliment. I also made a series of traffic stoppers for my roads starting with the atls nrc traffic stopper 39134:102481. Then there's a series of grade xing plate Xl Xt traffic controllers, 39134:102541,102542,102543,etc. With these you can change the texture of the apron and the track area in surveyor to 25 different textures.

Back