K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

What's this? Steve not updating this thread when he releases new content???? Oh well, might as well do it myself, said the little red hen. K&L Trainz celebrates their 10th anniversary by releasing today their updated Pennsylvania K4s Megapack. You get:
Prewar Engine with both 110p75 and 130p75 tenders
Postwar Engine with both 110p75 and 130p75 tenders
Deflectors Engine #5038 with 110p75 tender
Skyline Engine #1188 with 110p75 tender
B70 Baggage car in both Prewar & Postwar
BM70nb Railway Post Office
PB70 Combine in both Prewar & Postwar for PRR & PRSL
P70 Coach in both Prewar & Postwar for PRR & PRSL
D78 Diner in both Prewar & Postwar
Z74 Observation in both Prewar & Postwar
All for just $15.00. And that's not all! The old versions are still available, but now as freeware!
Enjoy this promo video Steve has produced and how great the K4s looks in it, showing off the new features it has.

Stunning work Steve. Not only on the models but also on the video. Absolutely love that video. Esp. the John Prophet section. That was dead on. You should be proud of both equally.

I wished K&L Trainz a very happy anniversary and they did an awesome job on the new payware K4 pack!

I'm still waiting on when the freeware versions will come despite the fact I own a copy of the original postwar 1361 (now part of that coming freeware release) since the very beginning or around Christmas 2012.

Not seeing them there Steve. I see the A5s, two versions of the D16sb, and two versions of the Polar Express. I did see the steam session for Coal Country, so thank you for that!

Not seeing them there Steve. I see the A5s, two versions of the D16sb, and two versions of the Polar Express. I did see the steam session for Coal Country, so thank you for that!
Yeah same here. But thanks for the new ones Steve! Just one step closer to 3751.

I didn't see them there neither. A lot of the other freeware stuff (except the JR sessions) that I already have, even the Polar Express.

Last edited:
I didn't see them there neither. A lot of the other freeware stuff (except the JR sessions) I already have, even the Polar Express.

Same here. Don't see them in the Freeware section either. Could it be an administrative thing where only the site owner can see it and other viewers cannot?

Try frantically refreshing the page a bunch of times. I can confirm they are there, and public, not private or administrative only.

2022-09-22%2016_21_37-CompatWindow.jpg

Since the old K4s are out for free and if anyone wants to, you can make freeware consists of the K4s based on the prototypical PRR passenger conisists. I don't think there's anything wrong with mixing the old and new K4 models in a session as long as they don't use the original payware file of the "OLD" versions. I have two identical versions of the old Postwar/1361 K4s now and it's best to use the "OLD Postwar" one opposing to using the "PRR 1361" file, if you bought it in the past.

My example:
Use - <kuid:68926:99136100> OLD K&L PRR K4s Engine Postwar
Don't use - <kuid:68926:136100> PRR K4 1361 Engine

Last edited:
I see Steve has track pans in his K4 anniversary video. Does anyone know the name/kuid? I used to have them but I am having a hard time finding them again.

Back