K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Glad to see one of the legacy K&L items is still getting a work out :D

Oh yes, regularly on the WM and B&O Mega route. The last shot was taken after a 105 miles run from the Pittsburgh portal and about to enter the Harpers Ferry portal for another 60 or 70 miles to the Baltimore portal on the Cumberland to Harpers Ferry route. :D

Also, it would be funny if somebody gave the Reading T-1 rambles locomotive the SP 4449 like whistle as seen in The Schuylkill Shifter + Return of the Rambles

Here is some footage of it

K&L Trainz content in T:ANE SP2

So I just tested Southern 4501 on the Brazemore Yard route included in TMR17 and available for DLC for TANE SP2 and I've found a problem with Southern 4501, if not all K&L Trainz content: I pressed the 'B' button to turn the bell on and it worked just fine. However, when I pressed 'B' again to turn the bell off, the sound of the bell stopped, but the bell continue to move. I don't know if it's the scripting of the bell, the animation file, or something else, but the bell's continuing to move.

EDIT:
So I just repeated the test with Cotton Belt 819, and the clapper continues to move. I'm going to try the built-in C&O Kanawha and see what happens.

EDIT #2:
It seems to be limited to K&L Content 'cause I did the same thing with the built-in Kanawha and the clapper functions as normal. I've got some of Ben Neal's content so I'll check those also, see if this also occurs with his stuff. It could be have something to with the content not being made by Auran/N3V.

EDIT #3:
Just tested Ben Neal's USRA 0-8-0, which has an animated bell, and this doesn't happen. It seems to happen to only K&L Trainz content.

EDIT #4:
Tried it with the CN E10a and the same thing happens.

EDIT #5:
Same thing with the CN G16a.

EDIT #6:
Same with the CN K5a.

EDIT #7:
Same thing with the O18a.

My conclusion:
SP2 has some effect on the animation of the bell and/or clapper of K&L Trainz content. I could keep on posting edits showing which K&L Trainz content is effected, but I figured that seven edits is enough.

Last edited:
So I just tested Southern 4501 on the Brazemore Yard route included in TMR17 and available for DLC for TANE SP2 and I've found a problem with Southern 4501, if not all K&L Trainz content: I pressed the 'B' button to turn the bell on and it worked just fine. However, when I pressed 'B' again to turn the bell off, the sound of the bell stopped, but the bell continue to move. I don't know if it's the scripting of the bell, the animation file, or something else, but the bell's continuing to move.

Thats Service Pack 2 messing up lilb's script.

I posted on Facebook that the JR Bell script is broken in SP2. I currently have a fix that I'm implimenting to all my engines. There's a lot of engines to update so please be patient while I try and resolve the issue.

A quick fix for now is to use the bell icon button on the bottom corner to control the bell. That actually seems to start and stop the animation for the bell. Not sure why the B key isn't stopping it, but for now, the Bell Icon button will.

Thanks for that info , cause I thought I was going crazy .Mine was working , but with the icon . :D:hehe:

Matt

your not the only one, I found this problem annoying myself, but thankfully Steve found a solution that should help until another patch fixes this once and for all.

your not the only one, I found this problem annoying myself, but thankfully Steve found a solution that should help until another patch fixes this once and for all.

My issue with the bell not stopping is a small concern compared to some of the issues others are dealing with, so I wouldn't expect a patch anytime soon to fix it. I do have a confirmed working fix. Just trying to get it implemented into all of my engines that require it. Hope to have them all updated in a week or so.

The front of SP GS-8 #4488
0a4acf7ef7256fb6dfa7bb4ec9813b33.jpg

SP GS-8 #4488 leads a mixed freight
c58d5c19878c58ed57afa9b99faeab0f.jpg

e2661eb5a4d6628a415f4073b811e5ad.jpg

Glad to see one of the legacy K&L items is still getting a work out :D
I'm having a problem with one of your downloads, I just got the PRR K4 Collection and it took forever to download and for a bit it was stuck on 23.2MB before it finished and when it finished I tried to open it and I got the invalid file error, any way to fix it

EDIT: Well I basically given up on downloading it for 2 reasons: 1. Constantly redownloading it but not doing any changes 2. Nobody caring about it

Last edited:
I'm having a problem with one of your downloads, I just got the PRR K4 Collection and it took forever to download and for a bit it was stuck on 23.2MB before it finished and when it finished I tried to open it and I got the invalid file error, any way to fix it

Reply to the email I sent with the link in it. Not here on the forums

I guess Rick Reed's next CN Commision may be 7312 (AKA Strasburg 31), currently undergoing an overhaul, and if I would pay my commision would be Canadian Pacific 972, the other engine part of Steam Tours of Akron and another 4-6-0 at Strasburg

canadian_national_7312_by_btedge116.jpg

Heres a photo of 972
868a3dc7d60f859c25ba48753e5c6065.jpg

Geez, all of a sudden this thread is more about trying to guess what Steve's going to make next instead of, y'know...posting screenshots with K&L steam engines in them. There's a project page on their site for a reason...

CPrGCez.jpg

omg you guyz guess wat i think steve will make next??? A TRAIN OMG never would have guessed...

In case the sarcasm wasn't apparent, it gets really annoying after a while.

Back