K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It is closing in on 6:00 AM, on a cold and grey December morning. There is a heavy, cold fog hanging over the yard, and the night shift yard crew have just finished setting up the remaining freight cars in the yard for delivery to customers. Snow is expected soon.

They now stare in amazement, as CB&Q O5b #5632 assists CB&Q Baldwin Heavy #4960, drawing a long string of freight into the yard. Evidently, the dispatcher had not told them about 4690 breaking down and needing 5632 to assist. The train was due many hours ago, and is just now arriving.

With heavy sighs, the switchers get ready to break down and sort the new arrival. Getting off on time and before the snow is now unlikely. Life on the railroad.

w7niA2Kw_o.jpg

Heinrich --

This and your other post in the PRR thread. I like the images, particularly the one in the other thread -- the one with the round house. And getting into story telling too?

Phil

Phil,
Thanks, I'm glad you find them interesting. The images lend themselves nicely to storytelling and give our virtual train sets a little deeper perspective.

Heinrich505

I felt a disturbance in the force . Means something is coming this way . I just know it . Or it's the end of this crappy year . But who cares . there's trains to run .

Matt

:) I've said this before . Me being a PRR nut . Really wants to know why we don't have our own Passenger set ? from K&L yet ? :hehe::D

The MP54's don't count . :hehe:

Matt

I felt a disturbance in the force . Means something is coming this way . I just know it . Or it's the end of this crappy year . But who cares . there's trains to run .

Matt
I agree Matt. What does TCM say - this year seems like a horror movie.

I had some problems and lost this version of the route a few a days ago. Had a problem with one of my dg turnouts and after fixing a few missing track sections I was left staring at the desktop when I moved the cursor away from it. Puff, gone, the mapfile folder went from a few thousand files to just a set for 1 blank baseboard. I found only 1 copy in the backups that was intact and just restored it this morning. Not a real problem as this is just for testing out some ideas on the layout but I did want to save it for reference for the work I've done in the MT Union area. The PRR station is all bits and pieces manually placed since there is no model of the real one yet. What do you think, maybe now is a good time to save a separate backup?

Looks like the EBT is adding on some extra cars for the early Thanksgiving rush as No 17 holds for a late arriving east bound K-4. Early snow in the Alleghanies maybe?

Keep 'em coming Matt!

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Back