K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Since I've kinda been drooling over narrow gauge stuff lately, I certainly can't wait to see the textures on those K-36 Mikados!
I used to run some of Prowler's stuff behind one of his K-36 2-8-2s on the 1st version of my EBT route. EBT 16 class mikados were a bit smaller but IIRC there were like 2 steam locos available back then - pre UTC days. D&RGW lending equipment to help out another ng rr - I was happy with that. Now I have some EBT equipment to use though most are my own repaints and mods.

Steve, I waited a long time for the PRR hippos to arrive. I don't know how many years I have left. I can't wait too long for your EBT offering to arrive. 8-( Not complaining, I know these things take time. I still use your Orbisonia Station on the route - repainted a bit. I prefer it to Ben Dorsey's version. But practically all the other EBT buildings and bridges are his creations. Unfortunately they're feeling their age and getting older as I speak.

Looks like a Pennsy I1 has cleaned out the lower yard and started out on the EBT dual gauge main after waiting for EBT No 17 and the Thanksgiving travelers to clear the switch. Lots of activity in Mt Union today.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Steve,
Amazing job on the 290! It's running great, and easily pulling all those included passenger cars. :Y:

The cab interior is stunning. It's great that mousing over the valves or levers tells you what they are for.

You've really done a wonderful job. I particularly enjoyed the video of the engine on your site.

Thanks so much for your work on this!

Gary

GECNDLIR_o.jpg

A bit of my route. PRR Williamsport PA to Elmira NY, with S & NY RR from West Williamsport (Newberry Junction) to Towanda. With the bits of the Reading and New York Central that were in Williamsport. A pretty big route; good lifetime project.
:)

Seen here, PRR #325, a class E6s Atlantic (4-4-2) pants as she waits clearance to take her train from the south side of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River into Williamsport on the north bank, to keep an appointment at the main PRR depot in mid-town.

PRR-%23325-at-Allens-Tower%2C-Williamsport-Division.jpg

Last edited:
A long freight just arrived in the Hudson Yard. The driver of #32, a H&W F1b Consolidation is about to start breaking up the consist for delivery in town.

zDCHcYUh_o.jpg

What are the figures in the cab? I recognized them to be neither Steve Lerro Engineer nor Bill Klene Fireman.

No. 35's tender also fits Arcade and Attica's no. 18 very well...

8ExaTlZ.jpg

giving you two similarly proportioned, but different, 2-8-0s for your route. Great for free-lancing.
smyers

Andy was looking for his mother. He wanted to ask her for two quarters so he could meet his friends at the corner store and buy a Coke and some ice cream.

He heard an odd commotion in the backyard, and stepped out onto the back landing, where he found his mother cursing and swearing at the H&W switcher that happened to be delivering coal to Johnson's Coal Trestle at the same time that she had almost gotten the whole wash hung up. He could clearly hear his mother over the din of the chuffing steam engine, which was, as he watched, blowing steam and cinders up into the air. It was going to make a mess of the laundry, and he was certain the engineer could hear the blue streak his mother was voicing, even over the noise of the engine.

He sagely decided not to ask his mother for the money. He would just have to borrow from his friends. He left the house quickly.

4HipyV9s_o.jpg

Back