K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

af01cb35d8c4a5791a44a41d4a549ada.jpg

steve --

That video is significantly better than previous ones. Excellent lighting effects, crisper graphics, better frame rates.

Now all you need is a route with the full TRS19 suite of features -- TRS19 track, PBR 3D textures, TurfFX.

Oh -- excellent locomotives too. Over the past several months I've built up a good sized roster of you work. Great stuff.

Phil

Hagerstown, MD where B&O, PRR, N&W, and WM all have yards.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

This is Western Maryland's Car Repair yard at Hagerstown. In the background the PRR rail lines are paralleled by the N&W lines, passing beneath them is the B&O line. (jrfolco's Baltimore to Connellsville & West Mega Route)

All trainz by K&L, Thanks Steve!

:D

Last edited:
Why can't I run N&W 611 in Cab Mode with a Mainline Excursion?

I'm trying to run Norfolk & Western 611 with a 100% accurate consist of one of her 21st Century Steam mainline excursions on Dermmy's EK3 route out of the yard at Hazard heading east in Cab Mode, but I only make it a few hundred feet before I end up stalling, with the throttle at 100 and the Johnson Bar at 75%, which is as far as I can get it, and the boiler pressure has dropped from 275 to just 20 pounds per square inch. I'm able to haul that train in DCC mode, but I can't in Cab Mode. The enginespec was designed specifically for 611, so how can 611 haul that mainline excursion when 611 in Trainz can't haul my 100% accurate model of that excursion in Cab Mode? I've also made a model of one of Nickel Plate 765's mainline excursion, which uses almost all the same cars in Norfolk & Western 611's excursion train, and is able to haul that train with no problem. I will note that I just learned how to drive a steam locomotive in Cab Mode using the tutorial in TANE. I'm also having a similar problem with your C&O 614 included in the Greenbrier Presidential Express set. It won't even move. Southern 4501, with all eleven cars in the Southern Steam Program consist, won't move at all, even when I uncouple her from not only the cars in the consist, but also the Aux tender.

Last edited:

one of several Former Western Maryland 4-8-4 Potomac steam engines and equipped with smoke deflectors are now operated under the Tidewater Western Railroad name.

I'm trying to run Norfolk & Western 611 with a 100% accurate consist of one of her 21st Century Steam mainline excursions on Dermmy's EK3 route out of the yard at Hazard heading east in Cab Mode, but I only make it a few hundred feet before I end up stalling, with the throttle at 100 and the Johnson Bar at 75%, which is as far as I can get it, and the boiler pressure has dropped from 275 to just 20 pounds per square inch. I'm able to haul that train in DCC mode, but I can't in Cab Mode. The enginespec was designed specifically for 611, so how can 611 haul that mainline excursion when 611 in Trainz can't haul my 100% accurate model of that excursion in Cab Mode? I've also made a model of one of Nickel Plate 765's mainline excursion, which uses almost all the same cars in Norfolk & Western 611's excursion train, and is able to haul that train with no problem. I will note that I just learned how to drive a steam locomotive in Cab Mode using the tutorial in TANE. I'm also having a similar problem with your C&O 614 included in the Greenbrier Presidential Express set. It won't even move. Southern 4501, with all eleven cars in the Southern Steam Program consist, won't move at all, even when I uncouple her from not only the cars in the consist, but also the Aux tender.

Maybe this video can help you.

Maybe this video can help you.

Well, I managed to get 614 in the Greenbrier Presidential Express to haul it's train. Where I placed the train in the yard at Hazard it was on a curve, so I had to back up into the straight section of the yard and then I was able to drive it with it's passenger train. I'll be trying that out with the other K&L Trainz content that I was having the same, or an identical, problem.

Back