K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Nearing Horseshoe Curve

Yellow-Ribbon-Express-on-Norfolk-Southern-Trackage.jpg

PRR FG-1 Articulated Released!

During WWII, the PRR leased a C&O T1 2-10-4, and an N&W A Class 2-6-6-4 in order to test the design and ultimately copy one of them for use on a new locomotive design. The PRR ended up going with the C&O T1 and that became the PRR J1.

But imagine if the PRR had gone with the N&W Class instead! You'd have a modernized articulated engine capable of fast freight, slow drags, and even passenger service if need be!

Say hello to what may have been the PRR FG-1 Articulated!

FG1-1.jpg

FG1-4.jpg

Last edited:
That got me to thinking . . . it would be interesting to see a Pennsylvania 4-6-6-4. However, that would be a GG-1, and that is already taken. How about a GG-2? Or maybe a 2-8-8-4? Given that there's already a fictional Pennsylvania 4-8-4, an R-1, and a 2-8-0 is a H, then that would be a HR-1. Or maybe a 4-8-8-4? That would be a RR-1. How about a 2-8-8-2? That'd be a HH-1. Maybe a 2-10-10-2? That'd be a II-1. Or a 2-6-6-2? That'd be a FF-1. Now the question is . . . what would the PRR call a triplex? Or a 2-6-6-6 Allegheny?

The PRR had a power problem to the south so the dispatcher thought of killing 2 birds with one stone and attached an FG-1 to the southbound Northern Arrow. The infamous Railfan caught this consist coming through Norwood on it's way to Cincinnati.

First caught sight of her.

B8Ajjwe.jpg

Now passing East Norwood and the Von Falck Armaments factory. With the war going on that factory never sleeps.

3msPaDn.jpg

Now passing through Ivorydale one of the industrial parts of the city.

3VcpoDl.jpg

Getting ready to pass under Zinzinnati Zeppelin.

Mk6VZxv.jpg

Closing in on Union Terminal

lirhWqg.jpg

WElM2zs.jpg

JTYe0mG.jpg

I'm so happy to see Steve and K&L again do a fictional locomotive. Perfect for a fictional route :cool:.

Dave

Just Imagine the possibilities of other fictional Locomotives for real railways...What would have happened if the Virginian Railway actually built the 4-8-6 Ohio Class?

It seems that gfisher anticipated this development with his PRR Erecting Hall, shown here on railwoodman's developing route.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Makes a great Mallet house. :D

Last edited:
I can't tell you how happy I am to see my route in these threads , and not posted by myself . :D Destinations , or names will be vary familiar to those who been around awhile .:hehe:

This was a complete supersize . and one I liked

Matt

re post # 2813 normhart
&
post #2818 Railwoodman

Excellent shots, Norm and Matt. Perhaps the Q1 will appear?

Cheers Ken

Here's my newest video with the PRR / LIRR G5s. Next video will be with the PRR FG-1. Again thank you Steve for creating these incredible steam locomotives for Trainz.

Back