K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

another form of new steam power came in the form of Class T1a 2-10-4 Texas or Selkirk engines such as the 2783 on a coal drag as a snowstorm unloads snow that can shut down almost every mode of transport

Ohh ... There you go again ... posting prototype photos ... You must have your own Calvin & Hobbs highly sophistamacated' doo-whacky' transmorgraphier' time machine, that you use to go back in time to take photos

I have all your screenshots (and other Trainzers screenshots) in a folder, that I play as slideshow on my PC when I get bored, and need incentive to create in Trainz

Do you have flange squealing, and drawbar creaking, rail sounds ? I made a colaboration of some custom kitbashed sounds from other peoples wav files, that sound fantasticly realistic, at slow switching speeds ... I can just hear your trainz chugging, squealing, and creaking about :cool:

Last edited:
Many thanks, cascaderailroad.
Here's another of the developing east end, now I have 100 posts!! A long way from 18,000 though.

ts6YXPL.jpg

Actually city sounds would be cool. You can imagine the oppressive clatter in an environment like this. Sometimes a yard transfer of 30 or so empty coal hoppers will roll through here.
We'll pick up route building after the glossy assets issue is resolved, which N3V has assured me will happen by the final release. K&L's free A5 at work.

Best,
smyers

Many thanks Piere. A prime candidate for urban renewal this place is, eh?

I9SAGVi.jpg

'Ol number 47, hard at it.

Best,
smyers

I sure hope that all are studying, just how you create this sunken in the cinders track, and dirty, rugged, realistic look to all your screenshots ... Bravo :cool: I nominate Steve Lerro for President, and Smyers for VP

Last edited:
Many thanks, cascaderailroad. Of course Steve Lerro is way ahead of me. I wish I could make even a tiny 0-4-0.

I don't think burying track in dirt, ash, coal dust and so on is possible with the PBR track and textures. I've made all my own street and dirt textures here. Another forum member is assisting with them for possible upload. There are few options for street or buried yard track in TRS2019 that I can see, maybe at a later date. Or perhaps an experienced route builder like philskene or Felix_g knows how. The PBR assets are great in a rural environment though.

Best,
smyers

Back