K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

PRR J1 #6174 hauls a mixed freight passed a old siding depot in 1950
3f3c06c216a25b312dbb1db0d93e00cf.png

B&O Cinnicitaion with LMS 6229 disguised as Coronation 6220, sorry I couldn't find any models of the Dutchess or Coronation or whatever with the bell and headlight
latest

This is a photo that I loosely based this on
tumblr_mw55z4XILR1ru8nnoo1_1280.jpg

f02fc61df8d37dac7b79b8c987a5f5ca.jpg

After a long day at work I designed to take my SP Mikado for a run on one of my routes I was working on and manged to shattered Mallard's 126 MPH record and this was done without modifying the locomotives top speed.

I Can't Wait to hear which Steam Engine that Steve is going to do for the Union Pacific, I'm Thinking that he is going to do either the 844, 3985, or the 4014.

My guess is that K&L will build one of two unique locomotives Union Pacific had. My hope is that they include some of the semi-unique cars that went with them. My dream is that they include the classes of locomotives which the unique locomotives were built upon. My wildest dream is that they include all four paint jobs that the class of locomotives wore. Each of the two classes of locomotives wore, during their lifetime, all black, two tone gray with yellow striping, two tone gray with silver striping, and black with a silver smoke box. The two unique locomotives had their own, unique, paint scheme.

:D If you're gonna dream, dream big :D

Last edited:
Yes, the 7002 or the 2906

With the classic Armor Yellow, Leaf Brown, and Scarlet livery. Correction these pulled Pullman lightweights actually built for the original "Cities" streamliners M-10000 - M-10006.

The 2906 was a Union Pacific CS Class: P-13, Cabside Class: P-77 of which the UP had 10 (62 if you count all Heavy Pacifics) and the 7002 was a Union Pacific CS Class: MT-1, Cabside Class: MT-73 of which the UP had 40. Only these two had shrouding added.

During the 50s all Union Pacific passenger locomotives (and even some switchers) except these two wore four different liveries. Must have kept the paint shops busy.

Last edited:
My guess is still the "Bull Moose" 2-8-8-0s, or possibly one of the smaller engines like a 4-6-0 or something. Could even be a Harriman 2-8-2.

Back