K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

351452a8274b74d33e12a6f682cab7a3.jpg

I'm not sure if this belongs here. But,anyway, here we go.

Some of you would have watched this video of Steve's wonderful CB&Q O5b on one of my model railroad layouts:

Did anyone wonder why I zoomed in and out several times? It's because the trailing bogey, the one under the firebox, doesn't track the very tight curves.

Now I'm sure that several of you guys will have downloaded one of my layouts and thousands of you will have purchased the O5b (if you haven't you should because it's an outstanding locomotive).

For the one or two of you who have both a layout and the locomotive there is a solution to the trailing bogey tracking issue:
Edit the config.txt file of the locomotive.
Instead of the existing bogey entries change them to the bogey container format.
If you don't know what this likes find one of the more recent built-in locomotives, or download for example my "Loco USRA 2-8-8-2", and look in the config.txt file.
For the trailing bogey (kuid:68926:563205) add the line "sideplay-permitted 1".
You can also add this line for the leading bogey if you wish.​

Of course, make a backup of the original config.txt file before doing anything.

Phil

Last edited:
I've got one or two of Steve's wonderful locomotives. It's hard to decide which one I like best. I think at the moment it might be the Frisco #1522:

Just hear that lonesome whistle echo in my basement.

Phil

Wait... What?!?... Where'd that come from???

Bought it but, naturally, TANE decided to rebuild it's database. Grrr!

Now it's working. Viaduct Junction, Cumberland, MD.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Thanks Steve! (Note how much better the locomotive looks in TANE, TRS19 has got a ways to go.)

Last edited:
Great surprise, Steve. I saw on your web site this quote "#4500 is on display at the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Museum in Baltimore, MD." Could it be you were there doing some research?

Chessie.jpg

Inquiring minds want to know?

Dave

Back