K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

I'm getting to that point where I'm getting a little anxious to export the engine and see how it looks in the game!

f5fab5bb63fedea9bf1f0c4a1416af10.jpg

7cf932774311281dd70c2970af739043.jpg

The only time you'll ever see a Virginian Allegheny doubleheading with a Union Pacific Challenger while Frisco 1522 waits is in Trainz!

e9e4cdaeae308fd95f8d26c14f001eb1.jpg

Come now Adam, leave the monkeys to their business. Nice progress on the 1630 Steve! Real excited for the next couple engines though!!

Can we stop beating the "What UP Steamer????" dead horse please! You'll find out next year when it ends up on the website.

In actual news....1630 is slowly gaining running gear

1675f6e9176029b0e99158f01061c681.jpg

cfb3ea7524f6e43ca0316c553822b35e.jpg

Love that engine, will she include wider wheels on special tyres to make her fit US gauge rather than Russian? This will be a must have, just as 4501 was and 630 will be! You have done a fabulous job yet again, Steve.

The speed in which your going is impressive , can hardly wait to see it in Trainz . Going to be another must addition to the roster. Added bonus is the I1sa is getting closer .:hehe::D Steve fantastic work . When I can , going to have to package the last three up :D .

A Question ? What would be a must have steam you'd like to see brought into Trainz . Or for that madder any engine ? Just curious since you made so many others happy .

Matt

The speed in which your going is impressive. Added bonus is the I1sa is getting closer

A Question ? What would be a must have steam you'd like to see brought into Trainz . Or for that madder any engine ? Just curious since you made some many others happy .

Matt

Thankfully, a lot of my music work this summer is local so I can get back with spare time to work, unlike last summer where I got almost nothing done for 3 months. Hoping to have this engine finished for mid August, and then finish the rest of the year with the B&M 3713, your PRR I1sa and the Southern 630, continuing a very Southern Christmas Tradition :D

No idea what i'd consider a must have. Alot that I would consider i've already made. The PRR K4, RDG T1, C&O 614, SL&SF 1522, N&W 1218 & 611.

Still a fantastic piece of work . LOL

No idea what i'd consider a must have. Alot that I would consider i've already made. The PRR K4, RDG T1, C&O 614, SL&SF 1522, N&W 1218 & 611.

AHH come on !!! LOL Even a PENNSEY guy like me has other favorites , and a vary long list . I'm just lucky enough that most are on your to do list , or I all ready have them .:hehe: Me I like to see try some electrics . But here's another question . Which would you most want to drive :D .

Matt

Probably not, he said he's only doing steam engines

Union Pacific built an experimental coal-fired turbine in the 60's, and while it did have the appearance of a diesel on the outside it was very diffrent on the inside. A coal fired boiler generated steam which powered a turbine to drive the locomotive along. The turbine engine itself was actually quite decent in design, problems soon arose however from the fragile turbine blades and soot build up meant the turbine was deemed a failure and scrapped. Much less succeessful than the UPs gas turbines of much greater fame.

@Railwoodman: I'll take a Pennsy S2 Turbine anyday :)

Ill second the Pennsy S2 and I would even consider paying Steve to finish the Q2 :p

"Added bonus is the I1sa is getting closer ." yes!

Actually they never had the wider tires. The frame and axle length was what was modified. The tires were the same throughout there lives.

Actually they never had the wider tires. The frame and axle length was what was modified. The tires were the same throughout there lives.

Check your facts man before you post. The Bolshevik Revolution, or Russian Revoluition, prevented a number of the 2-10-0s from being shipped overseas. They where refitted with wider tires to account for the smaller US loading gauge. I'm not sure where you got this information, but the correct answer can be found on Wikipedia, and if you want a more reliable source I can source this information from a book I have, 100 Years of Steam Locomotives.

yeah then us american's rebuilt them with standard wheels and standard frames(According to my five books on decapods).

Back