K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Where get three Milw Rd from? Have in DLS or ? I tried find it..
NKP

Only two MILW locomotives NKP, I was testing them with various passenger sets.

<kuid:193148:1348> MR F7 Hudson 4-6-4 #100
<kuid2:193148:1349:1> MR F7 Hudson 4-6-4 #100 Tender
<kuid:193148:1399> MR F7 Hudson 4-6-4 #101
<kuid2:193148:1400:1> MR F7 Hudson 4-6-4 #101 Tender

By Alex23 (Originals by Rob Shaw) They are on the DLS. They should look quite good with K&L's new Class A Hiawatha.

I think they were made to go with Auran's Milwaukee Road passenger set.

<kuid2:523:11112:1> MR Hiawatha Diner
<kuid2:523:11440:1> MR Hiawatha Coach
<kuid2:523:11100:1> MR Hiawatha Parlor
<kuid2:523:11156:1> MR Hiawatha Express-Tap
<kuid2:523:11150:1> MR Hiawatha RPO
<kuid2:523:11454:1> MR Hiawatha Observation car

BTW there is another MILW streamliner, the Class B 4-6-0, there isn't much info about these that I could find.

:D

Last edited:
BTW there is another MILW streamliner, the Class B 4-6-0, there isn't much info about these that I could find.

:D

I found out more info about the 4-6-0's you're talking about. The 4-6-0's were used on the North Woods Hiawatha, which ran between Minocqua, Wisconsin, and New Lisbon, Wisconsin, where it connected with the Chicago-Minneapolis Afternoon Hiawatha. The 4-6-0's were class G, numbered 10 and 11, were streamlined like the class A 4-4-2, and were rebuilt from two older 4-6-0's. There was also four more streamlined locomotives, the F1 and F2 class, each was a pair of 4-6-2's and rebuilt from older 4-6-2's. The F1's were numbered 151 and 152 and was used on the Chippewa Hiawatha, while the F2's were numbered 810 and 812 and were used on the Sioux Falls section of the Midwest Hiawatha. The 4-6-0's are featured in an article named Hiawathas Reborn. Hiawathas Reborn is one of several archived articles which is featured in a special edition issue of Kalmbach Publishing's Classic Trains magazine, named Great Trains Heartland. Great Trains Heartland is one of four special edition books featuring archived issues of Trains Magazine that all start with the Great Trains title: Great Trains West, Great Trains East, Great Trains Heartland, and Great Trains Freight. Great Trains East, Great Trains West, and Great Trains Heartland are about passenger trains, split into three separate books, based on where the trains ran. However, Great Trains Freight focuses on freight trains. I've got all four Great Trains books and they're really good books to read.

Last edited:
decapod in coalcountry-session

... thank you so much ...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I found out more info about the 4-6-0's you're talking about. The 4-6-0's were used on the North Woods Hiawatha, which ran between Minocqua, Wisconsin, and New Lisbon, Wisconsin, where it connected with the Chicago-Minneapolis Afternoon Hiawatha. The 4-6-0's were class G, numbered 10 and 11, were streamlined like the class A 4-4-2, and were rebuilt from two older 4-6-0's. There was also four more streamlined locomotives, the F1 and F2 class, each was a pair of 4-6-2's and rebuilt from older 4-6-2's. The F1's were numbered 151 and 152 and was used on the Chippewa Hiawatha, while the F2's were numbered 810 and 812 and were used on the Sioux Falls section of the Midwest Hiawatha. The 4-6-0's are featured in an article named Hiawathas Reborn. Hiawathas Reborn is one of several archived articles which is featured in a special edition issue of Kalmbach Publishing's Classic Trains magazine, named Great Trains Heartland. Great Trains Heartland is one of four special edition books featuring archived issues of Trains Magazine that all start with the Great Trains title: Great Trains West, Great Trains East, Great Trains Heartland, and Great Trains Freight. Great Trains East, Great Trains West, and Great Trains Heartland are about passenger trains, split into three separate books, based on where the trains ran. However, Great Trains Freight focuses on freight trains. I've got all four Great Trains books and they're really good books to read.

Interesting, thanks for the info. A streamlined Pacific, now I'm going to have to dig through all the photos on the Inet to see if any were Pacifics and I just missed them. The Ten Wheelers were quite distinctive.

(Nice screenshots zsuda!)

My first K&L Trainz steam locomotive in Tane, The N&W A articulated. Very nice :). A great looking model.

A few shots of the beast..

C9jZEv.jpg

rt28R7.jpg

myDiUW.jpg

ZBsIjm.jpg

wC2h1e.jpg

Regards Claus

Great shots! They really showcase my engine nicely!

Steve, got any suggestions on routes to run the Milwaukee Road A Class on where I can run it at top speed? I once heard somewhere that they could hit 100 miles per hour on tracks that was straight as an arrow and didn't feature any significant grades. Because of this, I'm thinking about the ECML given that it's the only one included in TANE where you can go up to 100 miles per hour. It wouldn't look good on the Avery-Drexel because it's an electrified route, 4-4-2's aren't designed for grades up to 4%, and it would spend most of the time going 30 miles per hour.

Claus, forgive me for asking, what are the GATX tank cars in the second photo in post #2379?

Excellent photos.

Regards,

Back