K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

We can dream that both of these be restored to operating condition

1o2l1e.jpg

Well, I managed to get 614 in the Greenbrier Presidential Express to haul it's train. Where I placed the train in the yard at Hazard it was on a curve, so I had to back up into the straight section of the yard and then I was able to drive it with it's passenger train. I'll be trying that out with the other K&L Trainz content that I was having the same, or an identical, problem.

I think I now know what you mean. I had a similar problem here when I did a trippleheader run with 4501, 611, and 1218. Where I had a little trouble getting the train going. Start watching at 16:50; and yes, they pulling at least 60 cars together.

As you see, I had to play with the cutoff and throttle on all three to get them rolling. Especially when I stop at a station and it puts the train brake on and cutoff center. What I've learned about these situations is that first put the cutoff in the direction you want to go, take off all the brakes, wait til the brake pressure goes down to zero, wait a couple seconds, then slowly put up the throttle between 5 - 10%. Let me know if this helps out.

Last edited:
Speaking of, has anyone else noticed that the 8 and 2 keys on the keypad no longer move the regulator. That’s what they’re set to in the key bindings, but they won’t work. I have to used w and s, or move the slider

Thanks Steve and K&L for the great locos. The envy of the virtual train-sim world.

From Railworks America forum on what steam locos should be in Railworks:

These from Trainz would do very nicely:

https://kltrainz.com

Sufficiently detailed exterior to satisfy most of us.
Creating different working 3D cabs is another matter, most are aliased to a standard cab.
Hopefully, some day their creators will make Railworks models.

Look great in TRS 2019

trs19_64.jpg

Harold

Very nice shots everyone! :Y:

These locomotives sure are beautiful.

[FONT=&quot]
1Uditjg.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
YUh5Car.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
dnjNydc.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
W3XqgBm.png
[/FONT]

A trippleheader run with three Western Maryland steamers. Again thanks Steve for creating these incredible steam locomotives for Trainz.

Back