New Tutorial Site Page - Can I patch my version? (TS2009/TS2010/TS12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help with my trainz.I use trainz 2009 im trying to install the 4th service pacth,I've downloaded all nessacery updates but it still will not install can you guys help me?

An update - I've just been informed via another thread that there is now a patch available for the TS12 Steam version - this will be updated on the link in the OP very shortly.

Shane

Shane,

I decided to bite the bullet and patch up to SP4 on 2009. I have S&C and Treez, I am at 41844. I could not patch auto, so I d/l the patch, initiated the patch and it gave me the msg that:

Failure to patch built in ja.1 as it did not match

Any simple answer to that? I do not really want to start at sq 1 again as my 2009 works fine, but I got a loco from Jointed rail and they said it would not work without the patch.

Regards,

Dave

I wanna update my Trainz ultimate collection becuase it so dang pixlated also how can you call the game detaled if everything is super pixleated and there no animations ???

Hi aquascinic,

Welcome to the forums.

For TS2009, patching can take a while as it is updating large files. It is also doing the same with TS12's patching, but it is normally quicker.

If it is not patching you are referring to, then you are in the wrong thread.

Can you explain what you mean by 'manual isn't activated'?

Shane

Apologies for the bump, but this is relevant information.

The Can I Patch My Version page has now been updated to include the recently released TS12 SP1 (49922 to 57720) patch.

Shane

I am now running TS12 (Steam version) build 57978. I believe this is the version with SP1 (automatic update). I don't know if it has any of the hotfix's applied yet.
Edit: I just got updated while I wasn't looking. Some more things got fixed. I am now at build 58120.
Edit: 6/13/2013, Steam build updated to 58488. (Refresh in driver looks better.)
Edit: 9/24/2013, Steam build 60505. Localization and other fixes?
probably missed some builds here...
Edit: 5/21/2014, Steam build 61297

Last edited:
Help

Moderators - if this is in the wrong place, please put it in the right place.

Hi Trainzers,

Welcome to the latest page on my tutorial site that deals with patches.

The patches cover TS2009, TS2010, TS12 and the four route-related N3V DLCs.

It's called 'Can I patch my version?', and is called that for a reason. Basically, it's an index of which versions I know have patches available, and where on my tutorial site the relevant patch link is.

The page contains the build numbers that I know the patching details for. If your build is not showing, and you know of a patch for it, let me know.

This is available at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/trainzpatchlinks/can-i-patch-my-version

Feedback, as always, is appreciated. Please let me know either via this thread, or via PM if it is sensitive.

Shane

EDIT: If you are unsure how to install a patch, see my guide at http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?91349-Patching-Guide-for-TS2009-TS2010-and-TS12.

NOTE: If you are using Windows XP, you must be running Service Pack 3 in order to install patches.

EDIT EDIT: At this point in time, I have not got a link to TS12 SP1 Hotfix 2 on my tutorial site. However, this can be downloaded from the Auran Announcements forum.
When I try to install the downloaded patch (49922-57720) for ts12 I get this window.
patcher01.jpg

You can see it shows the path to ts2010. The Auran file folder contains Paint Shead, trs2004, ts2009, and ts2010. TS12 is in another folder labled N3V Games.
So the patch would not find it if it is looking for it in the Auran file. I copied the file for ts12 from the N3V folder to the Auran folder, and tried to install again with the same dialog window appearing.
So how do I get it to patch? and I could not see any way of using autopatch either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back