New Tutorial Site Page - Can I patch my version? (TS2009/TS2010/TS12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Moderators - if this is in the wrong place, please put it in the right place.

Hi Trainzers,

Welcome to the latest page on my tutorial site that deals with patches.

The patches cover TS2009, TS2010, TS12 and the four route-related N3V DLCs.

It's called 'Can I patch my version?', and is called that for a reason. Basically, it's an index of which versions I know have patches available, and where on my tutorial site the relevant patch link is.

The page contains the build numbers that I know the patching details for. If your build is not showing, and you know of a patch for it, let me know.

This is available at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/trainzpatchlinks/can-i-patch-my-version

Feedback, as always, is appreciated. Please let me know either via this thread, or via PM if it is sensitive.

Shane

EDIT: If you are unsure how to install a patch, see my guide at http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?91349-Patching-Guide-for-TS2009-TS2010-and-TS12.

NOTE: If you are using Windows XP, you must be running Service Pack 3 in order to install patches. Also, certain patches require DirectX 9 August 2009 or later before they will install.

EDIT EDIT: At this point in time, I have not got a link to TS12 SP1 Hotfix 2 on my tutorial site. However, this can be downloaded from the Auran Announcements forum.

Last edited:
Apologies for the bump, but in connection with this, I would like users of regional versions who's build number is not listed on the 'Can I patch my version' page to contact me. I will need to know the following:

Which Trainz version it applies to (TS2009,TS2010 or TS12)
Build version prior to patch (for versions without a patch, the current build version)
Where to get the patch from (if there is one available)
What build it goes up to, if known.

If it's a foreign version, it's best for someone who can also communicate in English to contact me, but I can roughly translate other languages.

Shane

Last edited:
Thankyou for your response. Once I can get the regional version information, it will hopefully become a good guide on what versions can be patched and which ones cannot.

Shane

P.S. Many thanks to the moderator who stickied the thread for me - it is appreciated.

Last edited:
*cough* Administrator *cough* ;)

No worries. It is a very useful thread and should help a lot of people out.

Kris

Hi Kris,

Thankyou for your response.

Just out of interest, is there anywhere particular that I can get information regarding the regional versions and their patch status (as mentioned in post #2)? I am aware of the Just Trains one, and the versions that are also on the official Service Packs page.

Shane

Hello Shane,

I have a Trainz simulator 2009 World builder edition - Dutch version ( build 38824 ).

Will you also place the service packs of this version on your site?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

I can do - do you know who the distributor of that version is?

Shane

EDIT: It appears that I may not be able to get the patch for that yet, due to the Dutch distributor going bankrupt.

Last edited:
I can do - do you know who the distributor of that version is?

Shane

EDIT: It appears that I may not be able to get the patch for that yet, due to the Dutch distributor going bankrupt.

Hello Shane,

The distributor at that time was easy computing. They went out of business a few years ago, but I received a mail a few weeks ago, that they are back.

However, I have all the necessary service packs and the necessary direct x package. People are visiting your website quite often, so I think it would be better if you would be so kind to place those packs on your site.

We just need to a have a working method.

I'm using dropbox but will not be able to put all service packs on it, due to the limited size that is left. It would place one service pack and wait until you have downloaded it.

Do you agree or do you have another suggestion?

Best regards

Can do - send me the required details via PM, and I will sort it ready (it may be worth posting in the Dutch forum regarding this as well).

Bear in mind that I may only need the first patch, but I can let you know in the PM if I need any further links.

Shane

Can do - send me the required details via PM, and I will sort it ready (it may be worth posting in the Dutch forum regarding this as well).

Bear in mind that I may only need the first patch, but I can let you know in the PM if I need any further links.

Shane

Hello Shane,

I must have misunderstood the situation - I don't have the links to be placed on your website.

I have all the service pack exe.files on my external HD.

Best regards

It's OK - I understand clearly. Upload the file to your Dropbox, then send me a link to the file via PM.

Shane

Hello Shane,

I have also responded on your PM using the forum.

Tomorrow, I will see if I can make one package ( zipped ) of it and then start uploading to dropbox. I will notify you via email ( not using the email forum ) when the package is ready to be downloaded.

Best regards

OK - are you aware that SP4 are already on the N3V site (and yes, I do have links to it)? I've also got a link for the DX updates available as well.

Shane

P.S. I think I may already have SP3 as well.

OK - are you aware that SP4 are already on the N3V site (and yes, I do have links to it)? I've also got a link for the DX updates available as well.

Shane

P.S. I think I may already have SP3 as well.

Hello Shane,

Yes, I knew it was available, because I downloaded it using a link on this forum.

Well then, that only leave us with SP2 and perhaps SP3.

I will prepare a rar.file with SP2 and SP3.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back