Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you wondering where UKBL went...

United Kingdom, Wiltshire, in GWR Territory.
    Blog Entries

Default For those of you wondering where UKBL went...

Upkeep of the website got expensiver...and the websites had to close down. http://ukbl.freeforums.org/website-closing-t633.html.
    If this has already been announced on here, apologies.
    Always respect the rules of the rails. Failure to do so will end very badly.

That's a shame, someone did ask a couple of days ago where the site had gone, I just assumed a glitch so never bothered to look.
    Pity we didn't know in advance as I'm sure some sort of rescue could have been sorted out.
    The site is cached on the WaybackMachine by the way if anyone desperately needs to go there. http://web.archive.org/web/201011051...ite_index.html
    Malc

That's very sad news. UKBL were one of the power houses of the UK steam scene on Trainz and had a great number of talented creators.

I'd like to thank them all for their work, a great deal of which still survives on the DLS.

Default A reprive!

It seems that all is not lost, since this thread was started there have positive developments today and the site is moving to a new home, no date as yet but will be at http://www.uk-branchlines.talktalk.net/ Give Andy or whoever is organising time to get organised.
    Malc

United Kingdom, Wiltshire, in GWR Territory.
    Blog Entries

Now that is good news!
    Always respect the rules of the rails. Failure to do so will end very badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamdemon View Post
    Now that is good news!
    Hear, hear (waves order paper).

The proposed replacement for the Magandy site, http://www.uk-branchlines.talktalk.net/, doesn't appear to be operational yet.

is there any further news please?

Andy has posted on here just before Christmas, he can't afford the site fees, so not sure what if anything is going to happen, some suggestions were made in the thread but nothing came of it as far as I know.
    Malc

There was a donate button on the site, a shame more people didn't use it if it meant so much to them.

hris.

Thanks both for your responses.

Casper

Sorry an old thread dug up, With the site going and a lot of real life things happening, I took a break from trainz, Andy lost his wife, and George is the only one keeping the ukbl name floating with his content,

good news is Ive returned and will be making again, unfortunately I can't afford a website so I will be using a blog to broadcast my content news, and I have a thread in the freeware section with the link,

I will still be making under the UKBL name to keep the name going just like George is

Chris

Blog Entries

Hi Chris,

Why not try the free version of Jimdo or similar for a website?

Kieran.
    You can find me at:

The Matchbox Locomotive Works~Youtube
    ~DeviantArt~Ask.fm~Facebook Page

Currently Running: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz, 24GB RAM, NVidia GTX 750Ti

The website was only used as news broadcast and WIP, all the download links were linked to the DLS anyway, I will review the websites situation in the new year. As that will be a good time to make its return, if I decide to do a website or carry on using my blog page, as I'm playing catch up at the moment with being away for so long.

Chris

United Kingdom, South Yorkshire, Sheffield

Nice to see you back with us again Chris, you've just about timed it right to see everything kicking off. I just hope that the DRM situation doesn't scupper the whole project up, as the naysayers and the N3V team, battle it out, as the DRM situation, has become a bit of a political football.
    Best Wishes ____
    Jonathan________

What's this DRM? I've seen it being mentioned quite a lot but haven't really payed much attention as I'm still catching up on things

Chris