.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: For those of you wondering where UKBL went...

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brixton, London, England
    Posts
    2,912
     

    Default

    Thank you Andy. Sorry you didn't get the email, but always good to see you around here. Just in case you wondered, here's what I've done to your tunnel (and retaining walls):



    Thanks to jayholland for the use of his LBSCR/SR brick texture.

    Paul

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom, Essex, Maldon
    Posts
    155
     

    Default

    Looking good
    Any

  3. #33

    Default

    It's a shame that the UKBL Team shut down their site. R.I.P. MSTnoodle's Models (2006-2009)
    Minecraft and Trainzer!


    Minecraft Forum Profile: minecraftforum.net/profile/redstrikingcobrapsn

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Ontario, Ottawa
    Posts
    13,318
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas05 View Post
    It's a shame that the UKBL Team shut down their site. R.I.P. MSTnoodle's Models (2006-2009)
    I thought most were on the DLS.

    Cheerio John

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    4,809
    Blog Entries
    8
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    I thought most were on the DLS.

    Cheerio John
    Not his Thomas models, but his Queensland Railways items and his Roller Coaster are.

    Kieran.
    You can find me at:

    The Matchbox Locomotive Works~Youtube
    ~DeviantArt~Ask.fm~Facebook Page

    Currently Running: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz, 24GB RAM, NVidia GTX 750Ti

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Ontario, Ottawa
    Posts
    13,318
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captainkman View Post
    Not his Thomas models, but his Queensland Railways items and his Roller Coaster are.

    Kieran.
    The Thomas models were a copyright issue and would not be available even if the original web site was.

    Cheerio John

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    I thought most were on the DLS.

    Cheerio John
    Well, I do agree because from the DLS I downloaded diesel Arry Bert and Mavis and two survive on www.thomasandfriends3d.jimdo.com and some of mstnoodle's routes the mstnoodle's I have working are Thomas bill boco scruffy and trucks (except truck 2) if you watch thetrainzguy's mstnoodle vid you can find all his models in a shell nut!
    Minecraft and Trainzer!


    Minecraft Forum Profile: minecraftforum.net/profile/redstrikingcobrapsn

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
    Posts
    2,616
     

    Default

    Regarding UKBL and any other sites going on the cost. Can appreciate that and what someone wants to pay and for what return. I don't make anything but iImaintain 4 websites on Moonfruit for less that what UKBL was facing for one. In fact I can have even more than that if I want and all for the same lesser price than such. Obviously as I say, if you are making paid items the costs are paramount but in a more general sense folk should know that there are situations like Moonfruit (which also supplies basic designs and masses of art works, etc). No adverts either unless you use the free small edition.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Ontario, Ottawa
    Posts
    13,318
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjhowie View Post
    Regarding UKBL and any other sites going on the cost. Can appreciate that and what someone wants to pay and for what return. I don't make anything but iImaintain 4 websites on Moonfruit for less that what UKBL was facing for one. In fact I can have even more than that if I want and all for the same lesser price than such. Obviously as I say, if you are making paid items the costs are paramount but in a more general sense folk should know that there are situations like Moonfruit (which also supplies basic designs and masses of art works, etc). No adverts either unless you use the free small edition.
    I think I have unlimited bandwidth and storage for around $4 a month with 1&1 which I suspect is slightly cheaper than Moonfruit.

    Cheerio John

  10. #40

    Default

    If you want to find out where MSTnoodle's models are still kept, then here's the link: web.archive.org/web/20070612015843/http://www.magandy.net/more_thomas_the_tank_modes.htm
    Minecraft and Trainzer!


    Minecraft Forum Profile: minecraftforum.net/profile/redstrikingcobrapsn

  11. #41

    Default

    You can get MSTnoodle's v4 models there.
    Minecraft and Trainzer!


    Minecraft Forum Profile: minecraftforum.net/profile/redstrikingcobrapsn

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    The Thomas models were a copyright issue and would not be available even if the original web site was.

    Cheerio John
    What do you mean "copyright issue"?
    Minecraft and Trainzer!


    Minecraft Forum Profile: minecraftforum.net/profile/redstrikingcobrapsn

  13. #43

    Default

    The original reason MSTnoodle stopped making his models is because people kept reskinning them, Thomas4trainz for example.
    Minecraft and Trainzer!


    Minecraft Forum Profile: minecraftforum.net/profile/redstrikingcobrapsn

  14. #44

    Default

    I'm probably incorrect, however I think HIT entertainment weren't too happy about the models at the time...

  15. #45

    Default

    It was actually both. MSTNoodle was fed up with people reskining his models without permission, and HIT was not happy about the models either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •