Any Takers?

JohnnyC1

Pioneer Valley RR
This is a picture of a transload facility, train to ship, at Savannah, Georgia. The domes are a holding area for wood pellets, received it unit trains from CSX of 40 covered hoppers. Off to the left is an outdoor storage area which may be served by the same unloading shed in the foreground.

I said all of to ask this, are there any creators who are willing to undertake a project as this, please?

Thanks,

John

Bulk_Loadin.jpg

I know there are storage domes out there in the Trainz world, and conveyors. I would be surprised if a person couldn't make a decent mock up with parts and configure a MIN to handle the product. I don't know if there is a wood pellet product though. I have seen domes just recently in a screenshot, the conveyors are out there, I think Dave Snow has made some. Waawaasoo also makes industries like this, but for ore.

Yes there is a wood pellet, I just made one, it's waiting DLS approval. The domes that I know of are not as large as those pictured.

Thanks,
John

Yes there is a wood pellet, I just made one, it's waiting DLS approval. The domes that I know of are not as large as those pictured.

Thanks,
John

Maddy25 made a rail to barge coal transloading facility (actually two, an east west one and a north south one because of the dighole involved). Her stuff is freely reskinnable, so you just need to change the black (coal) to brown (wood). Find you some big domes to kitbash in, and you are in business.

There's a plain 'boxy' covered unloading shed very similar to that one that Matruck made for my new EVWR route that would just need skinned, almost certain that one went to the DLS. The conveyors and towes are dead set Maddy's coal conveyors + reskin. That just leaves the domes - not sure I've seen anything that big, but somebody will step up to the plate I'm sure.

What you have to do with something like that is not create every single thing exactly, but get hold of the 'feel' of the place and go with that. Just use whatever is available and go with the flow...

Actually Dermmy it was your EVWR that gave me the idea. The domes are what make the central structure, I have every thing else.

John

There are sum Dome's i made for the Monolith Cement Plant on Joe's Mohavey Sub and they are on the DLS sumwhere although they may be a bit too large for what your after here, When i was researching them i found out they could be seen from space there that big lol. Plus they are grey not white but see what you think if there what your after i have the model still and can change it around to suite what your trying for here as i also think this kind of set-up would look good on the EVWR.
Cheers Mick.:)

Guess what? I found a suitable dome, just uploaded today. If you are interested it's "Marsz-I Bio Habitat v01" <kuid:58223:24611> on the DLS. Remove the alpha channel, adjusting the colors, and in surveyor adjust the height and you have a suitable storage dome, and believe me, you can see it from Mars without the height adjust! Thanks Ish6!

John

I never even considered the Marz project assets, great kitbashing effort on your part! I do hope you'll post a screen when you have all assembled.

I sure will, I have a WIP that has a spot made for it, just need to reconfigure some tracks. Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement.

John

Back