CHECK RAIL IS BACK!!!!!

There used to be alot of 3rd party assets, loco's, railcars DEM's ... etc ... etc that are no longer there ... Checkrail was one of my favorite sites, along with West Coast Trainz

There used to be alot of 3rd party assets, loco's, railcars DEM's ... etc ... etc that are no longer there ... Checkrail was one of my favorite sites, along with West Coast Trainz
Ya know, he could be rebuilding the site...
Good to see you back Dermmy, really hope to see the content back soon.

Ya know, he could be rebuilding the site...
Good to see you back Dermmy, really hope to see the content back soon.

He did say he was rebuilding the site from scratch. I'm sure with all of the demand, EVWR was first to be working and the rest will come in time.

Good lesson here!

:cool: Thanks to Dermmy for seeking to continue his Trainz efforts!

It is important to remember that when you download any content from 3rd party websites to save all the .cdp and zipped downloads in a folder for future use!

East Kentucky is a jewel amongst the available routes (TS10 and TS12). I am now looking forward to Clovis which looked llike another VERY high quality route. Too often routes are in the desert with ancient 2002 assets. UGH. The Checkrail routes are the exact opposite. I have seen no other routes with the quality and attention to detail within the Trainz system.

It is indeed quite odd that some deranged person would attack such an obscure site. You wonder what that type of idiot would produce in a non-internet world.

I couldn't wait for Clovis 3, so I tried to put actual version into TS2010. EK3 is one of my favorites too. I like Checkrail routes!

As for desert routes - you are right, I tried several ones, but they are quite simply. It's a pity that Tehachapi is only for TRS2004...

It is indeed quite odd that some deranged person would attack such an obscure site. You wonder what that type of idiot would produce in a non-internet world.

Unless you're very lucky where you live, you can look around and is the graffiti everywhere. It's the same people with no respect for the property of others or the community.

William

Dermy has gone through a hell of a lot in his days here on the trainz forms, but I want to thank him for re opening his site. He did have some neat third party content, but his routes are what brought attention to his site. I just hope he is willing to share them with us once again.
Best of luck Dermy!
-Taylor

I grabbed his Evansville route before anything else happens. An outstanding piece of work. I did have to add one signal since the engine was always stopping and going into the oscillation between red and green. Near SWMC-5. Otherwise it seems to work.

Now, as usual I was very concerned that the assets that were used would be stuff from 2002 to 2012 and be a mess. Well, as I watched the download sizes of the recommended asset sets it was obvious that only the highest quality was used. I saw most structure well over 1mb in size which, to me, means good looks. The same with the vegetation. All high quality and very well placed. Contrary to many routes the placement of all assets looked logical and real. Some routes just stick stuff in to demonstrate activities. Not in this case. Plenty of activities are possible but everything seems to make sense with a strong relationship to real life.

Thanks everyone for the comments, but especially Dick, that last one made my day!

One thing though: Which Clovis 2 are you guys running because the one I have IS a TRS04 route using 2002 content LOL. Seriously though I am pretty seriously thinking of NOT re-uploading my older stuff, EK2 and Clovis1/2 on account of I just don't think they cut the mustard any more, specially if loaded into TRS10+. How many new users get TRS04-06 and how many folks who have those versions don't already have the routes?

Thoughts anyone....

LOL - yes, but never on my version! BNSF don't like traffic snarls and that's perfectly understandable.

What MADE the Clovis route for me though was resolving those exact same snarls - the 'Dispatcher' session on C1 is still my favourite Trainz pastime, I've run the thing for days (literally) trying to keep things running through the canyon. I never had enough computer grunt to run the same sort of session on C2, but that would have been even better with the other single track stretch at the eastern end. If C3 ever gets done then there will be a third snarl over the Fort Sumner Bridge. I like the operation all gnarly....

Andy :)

Dermmy,
Although I do already have all everything from the old site, I for one would like to see the older stuff brought back.
Not everybody has TRS9,10,12. Plus you make some of the best routes. Clovis looks just as good today as it did when you first released it.
Plus it is not just about how it looks but if you can use the route as intended. And with yours we can.
I do hope that you will consider it.
Kenny

Back