How old are you?

MMMTZ

MEXICAN TRAINZ FAN.
I dont want to "SPAM" or irritate people but.

How old are you or wich is the recomended age to start playing trainz?

For example i discovered Trainz in a game store searching for a psp game, i was 12 years old and it was Trainz Classics 1&2.

Then i bought Trainz 12 but i am 13 years old. so I come here to ask you How old are you or wich is the recomended age to start playing trainz.

Thanks.

I was 13 when I got TRS2006, I loved everything about it.
When I was 16 I got TS2009:WBE when it was still new.

I'm 19 years old now, and I have had TS2010:EE with Speedtrees for a few months now, and I absolutely love it; I don't think I'll be updating to TS12 anytime soon. :p

I was about 10 years old when my grandad got me TRS 2004 as gift...
I was about 12 when I got TRS 2006,
15-16 was when I got TRS 2010
and now I am 17 and I have TRS 2012..
Trainz is a game that people of really all ages can play

I am old enough to know what it is all about and young enough to still do it. Playing with trains of course.

I got my 1st Trainz Simulation from a bargain bin in a games store some years ago for about $2.00 and since then I was hooked with Trainz. Now I believe I have bought all English versions from then on up to TS12, some of these versions even several times over. Not bad for a 72 year young person.

Since these early days I have started with creating content for Trainz, to enrich this Trainz Simulation, to make it the best one ever.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

I am 73 been into Trainz since TR2004, progressed through all versions and now run TR2012 with all previous content imported. Also added Treez & S&C.
It is only over the recent year that I have progressed to building a route. only by trial and error have I recently managed to run a consist or two under A1 driver.
Still heaps to learn!

I am going to be 72 in 2 weeks. Got into Trainz 2 weeks ago, been into Flight sims for about 25 years. Having a blast with Trainz. Today, working on getting some AI train traffic running. One success, and one head on collision.

46, but still a big kid when it comes to trains and aeroplanes. Got a massive model train layout in my loft too. All blokes are big kids when it comes to trains, just go to a museum and watch any bloke and you will see that it is true, if you do, I can guarantee you this is exactly what you will witness: if there is an old locomotive there, every bloke will go up to it and touch it. My wife pointed that out to me, and she was right LOL.

Al

Last edited:
Been loving this sim ever since getting TRS 2006 back in high school. I'm 20 years old and there's not a single age that wouldn't enjoy this game if they had an interest in trains. I now run TRS 2010 and am really loving it.

59. Only found Trainz in 2008 via accidentally stumbling on the DHR Website while looking for something completely unrelated to trains, used to model in 009 in the late 60's (kit bashing) and am a member of the Ffestiniog railway Society so the interest has always been there. Trainz was a godsend, in that I could take up modelling Narrow Gauge Railways again without being restricted by space. No problem with the creation side as have been involved in a few game projects a while back, Trainz is far less stressful!

I was 3 playing on windows 95 :hehe: Jk I was 20 when I bought trz06 at a garage sale luckly it wasnt registered, and it got me Off msts thank god and I am now 24

Happy Birtday' llebrez :cool:

I am so old that:

A products "Best Used by Dates" or "Born On" dates, were unheard of in my days, we ate the foodz, and hardly ever got sick an' died.

We had blimps and derrigibles, propeller commercial aircraft, B29's, and P41's flying overhead.

The areoplane' was considered a vehicle of shock & awe, and we all ran outside to see them.

Beer came in 3 piece tin cans, with out pop-tops, and required a triangle can opener ... we drank Ballentine. :hehe:

Soda came in glass guart bottles.

Milk was also in quart bottles, delivered by the milkman (aka: My DAD) :hehe:

My other DAD, was supposedly the Cloth Diaper Delivery man.

The Fuller Brush-Door To Door salesman was also rumored to be my DAD.

DAD had a big "Woodie" (not that term that your thinking of) ... you know ... one of those station wagon cars, that all the kids made fun of: "Ahhh Hahhh, Your DAD drives a wooden car" !

We dint' have plastic bags, everything was in paper bags.

Burning ants with a magnifying glass, and building 3 story tree forts was a favorite passtime.

Stores were closed on Sundays, because of religeous Blue Laws.

Ciggarettes were 41 cents a pack, and vending machines took pennies.

Gasoline was 0.17 cents a gallon.

We dint' have 8 Track tapes, and a cheepo Radio Shack Realistic/Tandy Corp reel to reel tape recorder was the coolest thing since they sliced and bagged white bread, and LP's were not made of vinyl.

We had no Atari video games, and "Pong" and "Missle Command" was not yet invented.

Movies had an intermission, and the theatre ushers and workers wore a funny "Chimp" hat.

Food jars had no safety tamper evident inner seals.

Pepsodent toothpaste came as a powder in a tin can, and you applied it to a wet toothbrush.

Everybody used Phisoderm shampoo, and hardly anybody got seriously kilt' by the toxic concoction.

We had "Fizzies" carbonated soda pop tablets, that ate pits in Aluminium cups.

When a family got a B&W TV ... everybody in the neighborhod wanted to visit, and set a spell watching the

HoneyMooners, and the Art Linkletter show.

A "cement pond" was a thing only rich people could afford.

Women wore skirts overtop of one piece bathing suits, and mens bathing suits had B&W horizontal stripes.

Everyone had a Derby, or some sort of nifty crumpled "Bugzy Malone" hat.

There was no Fast Food at all !

The iceman delivered 12" blocks of ice for our icebox fridgerator', by horse and wagon, and would chop off a chunk and give a hunk of ice it to all the kids (unflavored ice cream).

The Wopsy RR, Mt Tamalipias RR, Reading Gravity RR, Mahanoy Inclined Plane, Mauch Chunk Switchback RR, Mt Lowe RR, were all considered a high speed rollercoaster.

The term: "Bogeyman" was a RR worker with a bat like ash axe handle, that ran along rolling freight cars, slowing them with the Bogey Stick jammed in the wheelset.

A Poling Car was used, to pole railcars, using a poling rod, inserted into the poling pockets.

Anti RR propoganda warned that RR's were dangerous, would run away uncoupled, locomotives would explode and scald pedestrians, maiming everone.

Canal boats were hauled out of the water, bogies were attached underneath, and 2" hemp ropes hauled canal boats up and over the Appalachian Mountains from Hollidaysburg to Johnstown ... the trip from Philadelphia to the Ohio river took @ a week.

When one came to an intersection: Indiana & Ohio State motor vehicle law required that a motorist would dismount his horseless carriage, blow the squeeze bulb "Hooter Horn", blow a bugle, ring a triangle gong, bang a drum, discharge a shotgun, holler' "Ah Hoy" in all directions, look doth ways, then re-mount his horseless carriage, and proceed.

Corn oil was used to power vehicles ... and the exhaust smelled like popcorn.

Last edited:
Back