How do you set up your sessions?

Well, after laying all the track, scenery, signals, etc. in my route, I start the session phase, using Create Session from the menu. There I place locos, rolling stock, program the signals (I use the GrahamSea ones) and place any industry not specifically included in the route itself in the session-layer. Finally, I make up the commands to get everything going. After that point, any editing I do is of the session, not the route, and I generally add stuff to the session-layer rather than the route as well. That way, if I go to make another session, I don't have any unneeded extras from the previous one. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure you'll get an answer promptly enough (although you might want to ask in the Surveyors forum.)

Well, after laying all the track, scenery, signals, etc. in my route, I start the session phase, using Create Session from the menu. There I place locos, rolling stock, program the signals (I use the GrahamSea ones) and place any industry not specifically included in the route itself in the session-layer. Finally, I make up the commands to get everything going. After that point, any editing I do is of the session, not the route, and I generally add stuff to the session-layer rather than the route as well. That way, if I go to make another session, I don't have any unneeded extras from the previous one. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure you'll get an answer promptly enough (although you might want to ask in the Surveyors forum.)

I pretty much do the same. I might add industries, for instance if there's a power plant but no coal mining, I'll alter the route with a coal mine far from the power plant. I'll add other industries too if it will increase the simulation play. I then do a session, add consists and set up the commands for a single loco and consist. Drive the route a few times to gauge the timing from place to place, then edit the session to put more AI traffic in the game. I place consists typically at a distance from where they'll be working, and dispatch locos to pick them up, then drive to industries, and repeat the driver commands, ie, take the empties back to where they were picked up and then drop the loco in a yard. I save sessions as I go and edit the driver commands as well so in essence the session is never ending.

bill

I do a similar procedure but I will usual put lose consists scattered around the route to take to a main yard.
Ehrlich
PS
sorry for the long response time, a fuse blew

Use portals as well, used with the emit train rule from jointed rail you can have a consist any time you want.
Or set the portals up to emit at 30 min intervals (for eg) and use with the copy commands from rule in conjunction with the schedule library and it's an endless session.

With silver bells and cockle shells, and pretty maids all in a row

Actually the title doesn't say it all, are you looking to create a simple basic session or one with AI traffic and interactive industries?

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?306297-Beginners-guide-to-Trainz

Starting with the second post in that one, the basics of making a basic session to explore the route. For more complicated stuff;

http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html

It's labeled "tracklaying and troubleshooting", which is relevant to AI traffic because how you set up AI traffic depends on how the track and signals are set up, and how you configure the track and signals depends on how you intend to set up AI traffic patterns later.
First, obtain one chicken - no wait, get an egg first - on second thought the chicken first to make the egg - oh hell, you need to start with both. :hehe:

Thanks for the links :) as for the fact that the title dose not say it all (this is my first thread) I will make my new threads better

That is a great idea :D I never even thought of that!
(this is supposed to be a response to fran1, but it came out down here)

Back