SVTX Logo Design

prre6

** Fire Department**
I am creating a semi-modern prototype called Susquehanna Valley Rail Transportation. The current logo for the company is this keystone:
svrrlogophasev.png

The issue is the design on the sides of the locomotive (specifically GP40-2 models) The sylfaen font is the "official font" we use and it feels like the engines need more on the side. Ideas and help are appriciated.

Fred

Last edited:
This is a hard one to answer as I can't obtain a definition for either "rototype" or "dewsign". Now, if I assume those are typos for "prototype" and "design", I would suggest a color scheme of the light gray above, and the blue beneath separated by a two color "lightning bolt" stripe that bisects the keystone with the blue on the top of the stripe and the gray on the bottom. You could spell out the name, or abbreviate it on the side of the engines either in the same font, or something more straightforward.

I agree with Ed on this for a color scheme.

I would place the Keystone on the loco nose and spell out the name on the side using the same font, or maybe even using a bold version would work too for the name.

The same side-scheme could be used on the rolling stock with the logo in the upper left quadrant of the boxcars and the name spelled out underneath in a smaller font.

John

This is a hard one to answer as I can't obtain a definition for either "rototype" or "dewsign". Now, if I assume those are typos for "prototype" and "design", I would suggest a color scheme of the light gray above, and the blue beneath separated by a two color "lightning bolt" stripe that bisects the keystone with the blue on the top of the stripe and the gray on the bottom. You could spell out the name, or abbreviate it on the side of the engines either in the same font, or something more straightforward.

Haha. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean. Any prototypes that use this sort of design?

Fred

Altough blue is my favorite color ... a Red/Yellow PRR type keystone, with a black drop shaddow looks absawootwee stunning with your logo !

Thanks cascade. But I didn't want my logo being confused with the PRR's on the DLS when my stuff goes up.

Fred

Haha. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm having a hard time visualizing what you mean. Any prototypes that use this sort of design?

Fred

A quick and dirty example of what I meant: Edit: (I missed an "N" in Susquehanna, but you can see what I intended.)

746b876fd31e33712aedc26e10ba707b.jpg

Back